Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2018

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Oasis

Re: Merryman House 2018

Post by Oasis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 am

Good Morning Ann......USPS says they delivered my package on Friday, 23rd to your front porch. Hopefully you haven't left yet for the show.

Hugs, Linda S./Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:13 am

Hi All,

I am home from Pigeon Forge, and found 3 boxes of wonderful goodies for Merryman House.

Quiltmom/Sherry sent 9 really special coloring books, 2 'Doodle Pads' - blank sheets for the kids to make their own pictures and 6 big boxes of crayons.

Maryq sent an adorable small quilt and 12 cute pillowcases.

Oasis/Linda sent 6 cozy, huggable FLANNEL pillowcases. I know my granddaughter used to LOVE flannel sheets and pillow
cases, and I'm sure the kids at Merryman House will love them, too!

All 3 kind ladies sent me nice notes along with their contributions.

I am so appreciative. I think Merryman House looks forward to hearing from me during Quilt Week in Paducah!

I will copy this message and post also on the Projects from the Heart and Chit Chat sections. I want everyone to see what great things are done by our forum members.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:27 am

Hi Ann, I sent 2 quilts off today. You should have them by Monday. Lori
Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:47 am

I am home from Paducah and want to report on the wonderful donation of quilts, pillowcases, coloring books and crayons to Merryman House. It was a bigger donation than we have had for a few years. In addition to the quilts and pillowcases, coloring books and crayons I had received here at home from Quiltmom, Oasis, zfatcat, and Maryq, I was met by kho, homegirl, xteacher, Sharon (her forum name escapes me just now, Dory, and Linda the day I arrived in Paducah. They had wonderful quilts and pillowcases (lots of them!) to add to those I brought from home. The back seat of my van was piled high! I called Tina, the lady from Merryman House on the day the quilt show opened, and she came and collected what I had. Then Jaykay arrived with another beautiful quilt and on the last day of the show, bland50 and her grandson, Gavin, came with another quilt and a bag of crayons. Gavin donated a quilt to Merryman House the first time when he was 9 years old! He is now a very handsome 15 year old, and still quilting. He even brought a friend with him who wants to learn to quilt! Gavin's picture is in Eleanor's new book, and she asked him to help sign books after her show that morning. He brought a quilt he had made using fabric he bought last spring (Harry Potter fabric) for Eleanor to see, and she invited him on stage to show it off! I didn't have my book (Forty Fabulous Years with Eleanor) yet, so I had to go without his autograph. After the show was over, I called Tina again, and made arrangements to deliver the quilts to Merryman House. It's an eye opener to have to ring in and be admitted though the gate. Increases my knowledge that we are doing a kind thing for the women and children who are safely inside.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and for their friendship to me and to the unknown woman and children at Merryman House. You are THE BEST!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 12, 2018 5:58 am

Sounds like you had a lot of donations. I know they well help those in need. Thank you Ann for doing this every year. Lori
Lori 8-)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”