Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2017

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Merryman House 2017

Post by gmaann » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:06 am

Dear Friends,

I have received word from Orion that I will be working for QIAD in Paducah during the AQS Show in April again. So I will be continuing the tradition started many years ago (I think 2008) by Linda Parker, who was the founder of this forum and the QIAD Marketing Director.

Merryman House is a shelter for abused women and their children in Paducah, KY. We have provided quilts for the women and children all these years, and they have been so appreciated. When times are difficult for these ladies and kids, a quilt brings much comfort. Any size quilt is welcome and any pattern can be used. In the beginning we always used QIAD patterns, (and they ARE the easiest!) but now we do not specify that. I'm estimating that we have given in excess of 200 quilts over the years. Sadly, the need is always there!

The whole town of Paducah really rolls out the red carpet for quilters during quilt week, and this is one way we can say 'thank you' that is really appreciated.

Quilts can be sent to me and I will deliver them to a representative of Merryman House during Quilt Week, which is April 26-29. I will be heading to Paducah at least a week ahead of that time, to help QIAD prepare for the show.

My address is:
Ann Drothler
99 Marian Circle
Crossville, TN 38555

Thanks so much!

Any questions, just send me a message or post on this topic!

Maryq just reminded me that pillowcases are also needed and loved by those at Merryman House!

zfatcat

Re: Merryman House 2017

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:12 pm

I've got one for you Ann. Thanks so much for taking them. I know they must be truly appreciated. Lori
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 am

Ann

Don't think I can get a quilt to you, but I have a box full of pieces to make pillow cases...Would you like pillow cases?

Mary

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:04 am

Oh, Mary! They LOVE pillowcases! I should have included that in my message. Thank you for reminding me. I think the kids, especially, love the pillowcases. So many prints are available that brighten their bedtime.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:37 am

I will try to get you some pillowcases. Can you give me an idea of when you need them by?

Thanks
Suzette
Suzette

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi Ann.........So glad that you will be with Quilt in a day again this year.

I will have some tiny toddler blankets and some pillowcases for you.

Will let you know when I put them in the mail.

Hugs, Linda/Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Do you take them throughout the year? I am currently hand quilting a queen size quilt for my Bernie's cousin who has breast cancer then am hand quilting a twin for a still baking baby. After that I will need a project t.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:19 am

To everyone! I collect quilts and pillowcases all year to take to Merryman House in April. And now that the AQS is having a second show in Paducah in September, I would love to be able to take some again then. (I guess I'm just assuming that QIAD will want me to work for them in September!) However, I have also mailed some to them on occasion, but mailing is expensive, when I can take them with me when I go! I not only appreciate it when some QIAD forum members donate quilts and pillowcases, but I also realize that it is an expense for you to mail them to me - or to the QIAD store in Paducah!

Thanks so much for your commitment to this project!

Ann/gmaann

kho

Post by kho » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi Ann, I hope to get one quilted this week. I have seen robins. A friend of mine will be in Paducah this year. She may be wearing a shirt with a picture of me on it. If you see her please say hello. Hugs

Do you still want crayons and coloring Books?

kho

Post by kho » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:48 am

Hi Ann, I have one to put the binding on and then it will be on its way to you. We are waiting for a snow storm to hit. Ds1 is here with the grands while mommy sleeps. She works 16 hours tonight. My best to you and Paul. Sanyo who has seen a lot of robins.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”