Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2017

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Re: Merryman House 2017

Post by gmaann » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:55 am

Hi Sandy,

Thanks so much for continuing to think of Merryman House, even though you have not been to Paducah for a while! They still welcome crayons and coloring books, and I also have a few of each here to take when I go. I am slowing down, but still love to sew and still think I can help QIAD in Paducah. Haven't committed to doing it again in September, but will be there in April.

I really rejoice in the help this forum gives for the ladies and children at Merryman House!

Ann, enjoying the antics of the bluebirds!
XOX

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:18 am

Today I received a box from grammiequilts containing 12 TWELVE! beautiful pillowcases! I think the box was sitting out on our porch overnight in 20 degree temperatures, but I guess that won't hurt pillowcases. Thanks so much Judi! I know the pillowcases will be much appreciated and USED at Merryman House - and then at home when the ladies and children are able to have a home! I can hardly wait to take them to Paducah!

XOX

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:52 am

Another package of pillowcases has arrived from Suzette! There are 9 really beautiful pillowcases. One of them has a border fabric with the words "Goodnight Moon", "Goodnight Stars" Don't you just know a child will love that - as they love the book Goodnight Moon! Thanks so much Suzette! You have been so generous!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am

Today a beautiful quilt arrived from Lori (zfatcat)! It is so nice - a little like Eleanor's Delectable Mountains pattern, and scrappy in blues, purples and greens.

Photobucket has defeated me, but I will try again to conquer it. I used to do all right many years ago, but haven't had any success for the past few years. I would love to be able to show you the quilts and pillowcases I will be taking in April to Merryman House.

Thanks again, Lori and all of my QIAD forum friends who support this project!

kho

Post by kho » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:39 am

Binding is done on the quilt. Will try to make a few pillowcases and have them in the mail by this weekend.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:59 am

I returned home from the Pigeon Forge Mountain Quiltfest last night and found a package with 20 little mini quilts from Linda/Oasis waiting for me! Linda has sent these little quilts for 3 years now and they are so wonderful! They are about 18" square, all in flannel, and just perfect for babies and toddlers. The lady from Merryman House told me last year how much they love these quilts for the little ones. They are easy to cuddle and easy to wash.

Linda uses flannel prints so delightful for children, and they are also backed in flannel. They are 'birthed' and top-stitched. Such a great idea!

And kho - thanks for letting me know that there will be more items on the way. I have quite a stack of donations from out QIAD Community Forum friends in a corner of my sewing room. I will be leaving for Paducah the day after Easter (April 17th) and returning home on May 2. I usually wait for a while after I arrive in Paducah to contact Merryman House. That gives some of those attending the show time to find me. You can also just mail things to the QIAD store in Paducah to my attention and I will get them. I appreciate you all so much!

BTW - Linda mailed her little mini quilts in one of those strong plastic bags and they arrived safely! I think that probably saves some on postage costs. I'm not sure if the P.O. has them available. I ordered a box of 50 much smaller ones than she used from Staples for a very reasonable price. I didn't notice if they had larger ones available.

kho

Post by kho » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:14 am

Ann, I didn't get them in the mail yet. Hope to make a couple more pillowcases to send. Will let you know when they are on the way. If your phone number is still the same I will send you a text. Hugs and have fun in Paducah.

kho

Post by kho » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:34 am

Ann, in the mail today.

Will be there friday

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Today our mailman, Boo (Yup, that's his name!) brought a package of 14 BEAUTIFUL pillowcases from Maryq! Some are perfect for kids, with prints to delight them, and some are perfect for the Moms, with pretty feminine prints! One pillowcase is perfect for a clown - and I imagine there is at least one child who is a clown!

Thanks so much Mary! Mary has been a faithful supporter of this project for many years. I keep hoping to meet Mary in Paducah some day, and I think she hopes the same thing. But we all know how busy Mary is at work and at home!

The folks at Merryman House will be delighted to see me this year. I have such a nice collection of quilts and pillowcases to give them. Thanks to all my QIAD forum friends for supporting this project.

And I will be looking forward to seeing what comes from kho in the mail tomorrow!

kho

Post by kho » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:19 am

Ann, it should be there.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”