Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2016

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Merryman House 2016

Post by gmaann » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:24 am

Hello Friends!

Once again I am asking for quilts and pillowcases for the women and children at Merryman House. Merryman House is a shelter for abused women and their children in Paducah, KY. Every year at quilt show time the city of Paducah rolls out the red carpet for thousands and thousands of quilters. In 2008 Linda Parker, QIAD's Director of Marketing suggested that El's Angels do something to thank Paducah for the wonderful hospitality. Since that time we have provided well over 150 quilts and probably that many pillowcases for the women and children at Merryman House. They are SO appreciative. If you can provide a quilt or a pillowcase I will be collecting them before the AQS show, which is April 20-23 this year. Items can be sent to me if they will arrive by April 10th or to my attention at the QIAD store in Paducah, where they will hold them for me. Or, if you are coming to the show, look for me at the QIAD facility!

This is a great comfort to the women and to the children. And Quilt in a Day is so happy to put some joy into the lives of women who have been abused and have needed to seek shelter from their abusers.

PM me for my address or the address of the QIAD store in Paducah if you can help.

Thank you!
Ann Drothler/gmaann

maryq

Re: Merryman House 2016

Post by maryq » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:32 am

Ann

It must be ESP... I was just sitting here thinking it was about time again for Merryman house quilts!!!!

As soon as the painting is done around here.. I'll be finding something I can send!!! I have a lot of gorgeous seersucker!!!

I do love making pillow cases and have been cutting up some of my fabric pieces into pillow case kits... I can make quite a few a day... if I ignore house chores... which is getting easier and easier to do!!!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Ann, I have one ready for you. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Lori
Lori 8-)

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:56 am

Ann, so good to hear you will be at Paducah this year.

Already have one in the works for Merryman House and if things go as planned, hope to have 2 finished by then.

I think that some of the great swaps that I have participated in will make a charming quilt to donate. I have several of those waiting, lol.

Joyce

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:27 pm

So great to hear from Linda/Oasis, Sonya, Maryq, Lori, and Joyce! I so appreciate your offers, and know that Merryman House and the women and children are blessed by all the contributions.

Just to make it clear: Any size quilt is welcome. When we first started this project, we made all Quilt in a Day patterns. But that is not always what people have to donate, so we ask for anything that you want to donate. Quilts can be quilted or tied. Bed quilts are certainly welcome, but ALL quilts are wonderful. Sometimes a child just wants to HOLD a quilt. It's a comfort thing - a security bankie! A cheerful pillowcase is also a comfort to a small child - and even pillowcases can be in different sizes.

All contributions are wonderful, and I am pleased to donate them on behalf of all of El's Angels!

Please let me know if I can answer any question!

Thanking you!
Ann/gmaann
XOX

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:06 pm

I too will have one ready for you I made tops last year this year will get them backed and quilted I pinky promise

Hugs Izzy

I will be there and will hunt you down at qiad

Lol
🐐izzy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:44 am

Here's what I finally finished... will send to Ann for Merryman house

[/img]

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:29 am

Just beautiful, Mary!! A cheery quilt for someone who needs cheer at Merryman House! Thank you so much!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:05 pm

I will get one in the mail this week. It's been in the box for weeks.
Lori
Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:01 am

I just came home from the Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge, TN and Mary's quilt was waiting for me. It is even lovelier in person than in the photo here, and I know it will be a great comfort to someone at Merryman House. Mary has been supporting this project for many years, and I am appreciative, as I'm certain they are at Merryman House.

I will be heading to Paducah on April 14, and will take any quilts that arrive here before then. If you are making a quilt and cannot get it here by then, please send it to the QIAD store to my attention and I will get it. I usually contact Merryman House near the end of the AQS show so that those who are bringing their quilts to the show can get them to me at their convenience.

Thanks again to ALL who support this project!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”