Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board
works, try the FAQ link above.
Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:08 pm
We are thinking of adding a quilt challenge to our 2016 quilt and fabric arts show and sale. Has any one ever done a quilt in a day challenge - kind of like a sheep to shawl challenge?
- Posts: 8681
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:56 am
You might have better luck asking in the Chit Chat thread and the Sew In thread.
- Posts: 9297
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 pm
I agree with tina mention and explain it a bit more in the sew ins I am sure we would jump right in:) Im not quite sure what exactly it is.
may also post it under swaps and sew alongs too.
- Posts: 16781
- Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:58 pm
My guild does a challenge for our quilt show. One was a theme "State Fair," and then another one was blocks with a twist thrown into them.
Using a directional fabric or fussy cut etc.
- Posts: 6550
- Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:32 pm
Our guild does challenge every year. 1. Was pick 5 paint swatches randomly from a brown bag, those were the colors to use in my quilt challenge.
2. Another, 10(2.5) strips of batik to exchange with another member, added on to my 10 strips and make challenge.
3. Design quilt using 1st initial of my name, match it with a hardware tool that starts with.. ie L for ladder my quilt had to include something with ladders.
4. Another only polka dots..