Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Project from the heart for Marcia and her daughter

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
billizzy

Project from the heart for Marcia and her daughter

Post by billizzy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 am

I have posted this in sew ins, swaps, and chit chat as well:)

Comfort quilt for Marcia and her Daughter Megan:

Megan recently got bad news with her recent pregnancy. Doctors fear that the baby is having difficulties within the womb with her heart. Megan underwent a recent amniocentesis with no results. She is not going to have another. Marcia went to spend some time with Megan in NC at Fort Brag. She recently got back home but will be returning there after she completes some necessary medical tests for herself with the facial nerve pain she has been suffering. Marcia will update us all soon but currently it is very difficult for her to type and talk about this since it does cause extreme heartbreak and facial pain with her own condition. Not only is Marcia going through this with Megan but Marcia also is suffering with a major medical issue and currently does not have a job due to using up all her medical leave.

Please continue to keep Marcia, Megan and Baby Elisabeth in your prayers. It is uncertain at this time what will be the outcome; but with God’s hand in it and ours as well I know they will all prevail through it.

This being said, Ladies I am asking for blocks to be donated to make Marcia and Megan a special comfort throw each.

Here is the plan

12.5 block of your choice of pattern

Pink and White fabrics {these can be solids, patterns, baby print, cat print, tone on tone its really your choice}

Signature block one white one pink so I can make keyboard stripe for backing These should measure 2.5 X 3.5

Mail to me as soon as possible. I will put tops together and quilt each as well.

I know this would mean a lot to both of them. We are women who love to wrap others in Hugs of Comfort so please be a part of this one.

God Bless and many prayer for Marcia, Megan and Baby Elisabeth.

Izzy

PM ME if you need my address
I also posted it Chit chat, projects from the heart and swaps:)
🐐izzy

FarmChick

Re: Project from the heart for Marcia and her daughter

Post by FarmChick » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm in! Should get them out this week (I hope!).

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:33 pm

I'm in

I'll whip up a block when I'm home all day tomorrow! I have the perfect block in mind!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 pm

I have two blocks made and will send them off tomorrow with the signature blocks and a little cash to help with other expenses and postage. Thanks for doing this, Izzy.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”