Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2015 Post Paducah AQS show UPDATE

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Re: Merryman House 2015 Post Paducah AQS show UPDATE

Post by gmaann » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Quiltmom/Sherry has sent me a message that she is sending crayons and coloring books to the QIAD store in Paducah. I know the children at Merryman House will be thrilled to have NEW coloring books and NEW crayons. Thank you Sherry!

And now I must tell you that I will not be in Paducah this year. But Nancy Workman is taking over the job of collecting the quilts, pillowcases, coloring books and crayons and will contact Merryman House for delivery.

I am sad, Sad, SAD that I cannot be in Paducah this year. It is the highlight of my year, and I tried really hard to avoid missing it. But I am needing another hip replacement. I had originally scheduled it for May 4, just so I could go to Paducah. The Dr. assured me that it was not dangerous to postpone it. But I realized a couple of weeks ago that I would not be able to work as hard as I need to be able to work for QIAD in Paducah, and was having difficulty even getting around. I called to see if the surgery could be rescheduled and it could be - now set for April 20.

Nancy will be happy to see any of you there - ask for her at the QIAD facility on Jefferson Avenue. She will love to meet you and accept any donations you might have for Merryman House.

And look for me, RUNNING in Paducah during Quilt Week in 2016!

Love to you all!
Ann/gmaann
XOX

Hummingbird

Re: Merryman House 2015 Post Paducah AQS show UPDATE

Post by Hummingbird » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:09 am

Dearest Ann I am so very sad that I won't get my annual Ann hugs!! But prayers are up for a safe and successful surgery and a rapid recovery. I remember when you had the first replacement done and you joyfully and confidently running through the QIAD barn, lol.

That said, I'm bringing pillowcases and will make sure to deliver them to Miss Trouble :)

Love you much!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”