Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Poppies

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
djacobs1234%

Poppies

Post by djacobs1234% » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi does anyone know how to make the poppy from ribbon that Mrs. Burns demonstrated on her show? Thank you

FarmChick

Re: Poppies

Post by FarmChick » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 am

Can you find the show listed in the videos section of this forum and watch the instructions again? You may be able to find out if it is in one of her books. I don't remember seeing it, but I am intrigued...

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:39 am

I just watched a PBS program of hers that I taped. I save the ones that I might like to watch again.
The show was called "Victorian Tea Time" and she was at the Bear Paws Ranch. It was kinda a Christmas decorations kinda show. She demonstrated how to make a Pansy from ribbon. It was all hand sewing and was stitched onto a piece of organza. She made some tea cup blocks and also a gift bag. Lots of good stuff!!!

Maybe if you look through her video section on this web site, you might find the info you are looking for.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:07 am

I tried to page through The video section. I couldn't find this program listed in the viewable videos on line. Sorry, I thought it would be there somewhere.

I saved it on our DVR so I could watch again, but I have no way to share it with you. Perhaps you would find it in her Bear Paws Ranch book. There is one available in the books section and at a sale price. Hope that will help you.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 am

Why don't you call customer service and ask them for help? They can probably tell you where it might be. Sounds fascinating. I, too, saw the show where she made pansys from ribbon. Very cute idea.

Or you might do a google search for poppies made from ribbon. Might come up with something close.

Good luck and happy poppy making. Hugs, Shirley Mae

Return to “Projects from the Heart”