Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

orphan blocks

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Fromzstore

orphan blocks

Post by Fromzstore » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:09 am

i belong to a newly formed quilt guild and we have taken on the project of making quilts for chemo patients at a local cancer center I am in the search for orphan blocks that we could turn into beautiful quilts for these chemo patients they see about 1000 patients a year and we took 40 quilts the first round in dec and they are all gone and we are trying to get quilts to them about every other month but we need other peoples help with this the response that we have gotten from the nurses doctors and patients are just overwhelming any help would be appreciated. If you send me your email i will put you in a group to see the pictures as the quilts are finished and see what a difference this has made in someones life;

Thanks

tj_barrett-thomas

Re: orphan blocks

Post by tj_barrett-thomas » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:57 pm

i would like to send u a quilt for your mission. how may I do that? Do the quilts need to be certain size?

quiltwithmom

Post by quiltwithmom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 pm

What size quilts is your group making? What size blocks would you like to have?
This info would be helpful so we could help. If you would like to have quilts donated or you just prefer to have blocks sent?

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Are you looking for a group of blocks that will all go together, or just any blocks we have that you'll work with?
I may be able to send you some if I better know what you are wanting.
Joan

Return to “Projects from the Heart”