Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Remnant fabric from a TV show

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
chiekoyamamoto562

Remnant fabric from a TV show

Post by chiekoyamamoto562 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am

Hello

Does anyone know of a non profit organization that is interested of taking all types of remnant fabric that they don't know what to do with.
I would like some of the fabric but I can not produce a receipt for the fabric they are willing to donate to.
Would any nonprofit organization will be interested of taking these fabric and return give them a receipt so they could write off from there books.

QIAD-Linda

Re: Remnant fabric from a TV show

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm not sure I understand you question but if you have remnant fabrics that you want to get rid of, call your local quilt shop and see if they have charity sewers that could use it. I don't think they can give you a receipt for it. At QIAD, a group of ladies meets each month to sew quilts for a local abused women/children center. All of their fabric is donated. If you need a receipt, you can donate the fabric to Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. They offer tax receipts.

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 am

I just took a set of dishes to the Salvation Army and they gave me a blank receipt to fill out for my taxes.You might try there. Bev

Irene1

Post by Irene1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Ask around at fabric shops for the name and phone number of a quilt guild. They would be very happy to have the fabric as quilt guilds make quilts to give to charities. Like a childrens hosp, orphanage, shelters for abused women and their children, for the homeless and i'm sure for many other organizations.

tj_barrett-thomas

Post by tj_barrett-thomas » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Check with Quilts of Valor. qovf.org

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Try BlueStarMothers.org.

connerg

Post by connerg » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 pm

I sew with a group of ladies from my community. We make pillowcases for our children's hospital. We would be glad to take any fabric in 1 yard pieces to make pillowcases.
Thanks so much.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 am

Our guild makes charity quilts and would give a reciept too. Ours go to the childrens hosp and hospice.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 am

Not quite sure I understand, but I recently went to a quilt shop, anyone could donate fabric, customer paid whatever they wanted and the money was donated to non-profit in this case Kidney Foundation.. The shop wanted only cash for fabrics and it would be a one time receipt from Kidney..

Does this info help?

SallyVA

Post by SallyVA » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:12 am

I have been told that Salvation Army and Goodwill send yardage to a rag recycler. I have never found yardage at either store. A nearby shop run by volunteers does sometimes put out some nice fabric.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”