Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Stockings for needy families at St Mark's Episcopal Church

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
christywyogal

Christmas Stockings for needy families at St Mark's Episcopal Church

Post by christywyogal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:40 am

At St Mark's we have been making Christmas Stockings by the pattern from Eleanor's book. This is the second year, where our stitching group has made well over 25 stockings, each made with tremendous love and filled for the needy children in our sponsored families. Wish I could share a picture of these, but I'll bring some printed photos to Eleanor's San Marcos shop at Christmas, when I visit my own family there in Elfin Forest area, just 2 miles from the shop.

Merry Christmas everyone............love isn't love until it's given away. Chris "Cringle"

mellomayking

Re: Christmas Stockings for needy families at St Mark's Episcopal Church

Post by mellomayking » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 am

How wonderful. Sounds like you all have really brightened up the lives of some children. Awesome!

Checkers

Post by Checkers » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Beautiful Chris! You are an inspiration.
Mary

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 am

Sounds like a wonderful and fun project!

With Christmas a week away, I won't have time to help this year. However, please post your request maybe around the first of November and some of us could possibly help with the stockings.

A QIAD group a couple of years ago made up hundreds of that pattern and sent them to our deployed Military. So we know the pattern well. :)

Linda

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Projects from the Heart”