Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah 2012

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Re: Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah 2012

Post by gmaann » Sat May 05, 2012 7:58 am

Here is the update on the quilts that our dear forum members donated to the Merryman House in Paducah. I delivered 16 or 17 beautiful quilts to a representative of the Merryman House on Tuesday, May 1.

While I was in Paducah, Judy/Homegirl brought 3 quilts, Jo/gramajojo brought 1, Pat/sidesaddles sent 4, Gavin, Bland50's grandson, brought 3 or 4 - I was not sure which, since he had other quilts that he showed us at the same time. (Please see separate post about Gavin!)

I had taken with me to Paducah a quilt from Lori/zfatcat, a quilt from Linda/Oasis, a quilt from Pat/sidesaddles, my own, and 1 from a member of my guild here in Crossville.

When I delivered the quilts we held up each one, and the lady was so thrilled to receive them on behalf of Merryman House, but I forgot to count them. In the past, a representative came to the QIAD facility at the fairgrounds to get the quilts, but this time they didn't have anyone available to come. It was an eye-opener to me to go there. I had to be let in a locked gate in a high, chain-link fenced area with barbed wire on the top. It made me realize the danger these women and children are in from their abusers.

I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for contributing to this Project From The Heart. We have shown those who will receive these quilts that others care. We all know the comfort a quilt can give, and now there will be a few more women and children who will know that comfort.

zfatcat

Re: Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah 2012

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks so much for the update Ann. You know every little bit of comfort helps those women. Hope we can keep this going for years to come. Lori
Lori 8-)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”