Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Charity quilting

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Quil4Victoria

Charity quilting

Post by Quil4Victoria » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Hello Quilters, I'm so glad to be ith a group of quilters and friendly people. I am also very glad that there is a charity group. I founded a 501(c)3 public charity, Victoria's Quilts. We donate quilts to cancer patients of any age, any stage, any type of cancer and anywhere in the USA. Please see our website VictoriasQuilts.com
Here, is the tough part we are patient rich and quilt poor. I've said so many times if every quilter sent 1 quilt we would have all the quilts we need for the year or more. So, with that said, if anyone would like to help just check out the Volunteer page of the website and of course if you know someone that needs a quilt go to the Quilt Request page and follow the instructions.
Thank you, Deborah, Founder of Victoria's Quilts
victoriasquilts@victoriasquilts.com

happysewer

Re: Charity quilting

Post by happysewer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 am

I do charity quilts for our local pregnancy place and get so much pleasure from it. I encourage anyone who can, give to a charity group.

mic-pa

Re: Charity quilting

Post by mic-pa » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:40 am

My son passed away 1 yr ago and I vowed to make a quilt for comfort for anyone in our area with this terrible disease. Its a daunting job to keep up with all those who are afflicted but I try. Some times soneone makes some blocks for me but otherwise I do it on my own. Yes, I think it is a wonderful thing that a lot of us do. Quilters are are caring people

Return to “Projects from the Heart”