Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friendship quilt

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
juniebug45

friendship quilt

Post by juniebug45 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm

We are planning to build a new church. I would like to make a friendship (?? name) quilt and include names of church members on the blocks. I would like a pattern that would work or ideas of what other people have done. Thanks for your help.

kenderosa

Re: friendship quilt

Post by kenderosa » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Juniebug- I made one for our church a couple of years back and used the crackerbox free pattern from this website. I made the blocks and let each family sign one using a permanent marker pen. Turned out very nice... I put a label on the back with a special Bible verse and also included a picture of the church. I used those photo sheets and was able to get a very nice picture from my printer. Good luck with your quilt, they are very meaningful.

Sue

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:20 pm

we made one, were we picked a light and dark fabric, drew around our hand on the light fabric and then signed the hand. the hand was then appliqued onto the darker fabric. it turned out lovely! a bit more personal too.
there was an appliqued picture of the church in the centre, with all the hands 'reaching' towards the church
:c)
love jacquie xxxx

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Juniebug, if you click on search and type in project k, then click on topics, and search then click on the first topic, it will bring up one we did for a member last year. The pic of the one we did is in the 5th post down from the top. If you like it and need instructions pm me or if you have Els book Egg money quilts find the friendship block there. Really easy.

Good luck.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Projects from the Heart”