Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
quilt4lovedones

I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Post by quilt4lovedones » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 am

I'm now on summer vacation and am going to be wanting to make a few quilts for my local neonatal unit at my hospital!! I want to give the premature babies something warm to curl up with to keep them safe and warm, I was born premature so I want to give back to the parents of these oh so very small babies and show them some love and prayers!

I'd love any help possible for this project from the heart! I'd love for people to help me make some blocks themselves and then send them to me so I can combine them with my blocks for the premature babies quilts...I'd really love to give their babies a brighter tomorrow with my quilts..so cant wait to strat them!!

Happy Quilting
Ash
Quilt4lovedones

vivian1970

Re: I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Post by vivian1970 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 am

What size blocks are you needing? My DGD was born premature and it would have been nice for her to have had a blankie.

Let me know. I have several left over blocks from other projects I could send to you.

Vivian1970

Oasis

Re: I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Post by Oasis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 am

Ashley, we need to know:

1. what size blocks would you like.
2. any colors you would like.
3. Do you have a specific pattern in mind.

This sounds like a fun project!

Linda/Oasis

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:33 am

Ashley, to add to Oasis' questions:

Do you want flannel blocks or regular cotton?

carol/kittyquilt

quilt4lovedones

Post by quilt4lovedones » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Hello Ladies

I would love to have cotton blocks for the fronts of the blankets, and I can use way cute baby material types in flannel for the back. I would really like to have the blocks be around the size of a 9 patch quilt size, so some of the patterns say, I'd love to have baby colors, like pinks, blues, and way cute baby prints like toys, animals, outfits patterns, neat things..I looked up a 9 patch quilt for the premature babies blanket it seems like a vry nice pattern style and wy cute for these blankets...awe thank you so very much ladies for your help and wanting to help me with this project from the heart it means alot!!

happy quilting...cant wait to hear from ya
Ash

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 am

Is there a certain block size you need? 12 in, 9 in 15 in????

Viv

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:36 am

Do you want a certain pattern of block? Or do you want it to be lots of different patterns? To repeat vivian1970--what size do you want the individual blocks to be?

carol/kittyquilt

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 am

I just googled "Preemie Quilts" and they look to be about 24 x 24 inches. The blocks would possibly be 6 1/2 (unfinished). Or 12 1/2 (unfinished).

We will have to wait for Ashley to let us know if she wants any block pattern or a 9 patch pattern and if this is what she had in mind.

Linda

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

quilt4lovedones

Post by quilt4lovedones » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 am

Hello All
I would love a block size that is 9X15 sounds like a good size for the preemie quilts...I cant wait to start this fun projects from the heart!! Its so much fun, I cant wait to see what beautiful treasurs we can come up with...

thank you all
Ashley

quilt4lovedones

Post by quilt4lovedones » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello Ladies
I hope that you're doing great, I'm donin great got some flannel tonite for the backings of my quilts, cant wait to start them this week since I finally have a sewing room thats our spareoom...yeah!! What are you up to? I'm good just not to excited about the summer heat..an update for the quilts:

I was thinking of doing this for the quilts...
Two 12 inch blocks or Four 6 inch blocks

I also was thinking of makeing a 9 patch to measure up to either 6 or 12 inches..Or eiter a 6 or 12 inch in your guyses favorite block...

Cant wait to see what cute things you come up with yeah!!
Ash

Return to “Projects from the Heart”