Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm

sounds perfect Ash....

are you wanting pastels or bright colors or does it matter?

count me in for a couple of blocks... do you want cotton or flannel blocks or does it matter....

you're a sweetie for doing this...
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

quilt4lovedones

Re: I'm going to start making Premature babies quilts...I'd love some help in making blocks

Post by quilt4lovedones » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Awe thank you so much...thats soo soo sweet of you, the colors are any kind pastels, brights, neutrals anything really i'm up for whatever..anything will be super cute!! I cant wait to get to start on this wy fun and nice project yeah!! The blocks can be both flannel and cotton i'd love either one..cant wait to see how pretty it'll be..thanks so much

happy quilting
Ash

quilting-nanaof5

Post by quilting-nanaof5 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 pm

at childrens here they like all sizes of quilts. the real small babies take real small quilts. They like the flannel the best. but they will also take quilted cotton. The flannel doesn't always have to be quilted. Brenda

There is a mother here that is accepting quilt blocks. She is seeing how many quilts she can make to donate to childrens in honor of her son that passed last december.

This spring our quilting quilt has collected over 300 quilts to give to places to hand out to children. We was so surprised of the outcome.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Ash... I have some blocks ready for you and I have lots of batting you can have... just let me know where and when

xoxo
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:06 pm

I just put 5 little blankets in the mail to you. You should get them on Saturday. This was so much fun. Next I want to try a tiny Bargello. If it works, I'll send it later.

Linda
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

SallyC

Post by SallyC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Ash,
Nice to see you here too. Have you contacted your local neonatal unit to ask them what they want? Hospitals vary from 18" sqaure with no batting and minimal quilting to 36" square, light batting for premies. Many hospitals only want flannel on back but will accept cotton or flannel on top. Lots don't want batting and most say do not tie. If a local guild is supporting your hospital they may not want any right now (as with my hospital, we over-loaded them!) do lets us know what the hospital wants. Thanks for doing this!
Sally

debtief

Post by debtief » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Here's some baby quilt tops I have to send you. I also have some more pink and white blocks you can sash and assemble. Better send me (PM) your address before I get any more ideas. LOL. Great cause and glad to help. Deb

Return to “Projects from the Heart”