Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Stockings for Soldiers 2010

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
ShellyGSC

Stockings for Soldiers 2010

Post by ShellyGSC » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:32 am

http://www.stockingsforsoldiers.org/
This site is very organized about getting holiday stockings stuffed with goodies to our soldiers in Iraq & Afghanistan. My son's Army unit received stockings from them last year.
Judy Travis, the organizer had 6,600 stockings sewn & quilted for our military overseas.

So if anyone is interested in helping out - check out the website. Even though they are based in Delaware, the stockings go to brigades all over and these soldiers come from Texas, Indiana, Ohio, etc.
She is getting ready to post on the site a new stocking pattern. It is a very interesting site to read anyway.

Oasis

Re: Stockings for Soldiers 2010

Post by Oasis » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 am

Shelly thank you so much for this website!! I will definitely get involved with their project. Sounds extremely organized.

Linda/Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

kho

Post by kho » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:26 pm

This sounds like one I might be interested in. Thanks for the link.

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Can some of these be sent to soldiers from New Mexico? I am definitely helping with this and look forward to your pattern.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”