Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thank You for the Cards

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Quilter7

Thank You for the Cards

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 pm

This note is only to acknowledge all the wonderful cards that I received today. You are all so generous and kind to have sent the cards and FQ's. You are truly Angels!!

I have reached an acceptance of my brother's death and try to remember him alive and enjoying life. Let me share a memory of him:

Last year on Thanksgiving day my two brothers, Terry and Bill, were teasing about some of the things my Dad would say or do. Like many in his generation Dad had a strong personality and was very opinionated. I enjoyed the teasing that was going on and laughed along with my brothers. They did stop when Mom arrived for dinner.

Terry and Bill were good friends besides being brothers. They hunted together and both had bird dogs. They had planned three trips this fall. Terry's bags were packed to go on the first trip the day he went into the hospital. He never made the trip. Bill left the trip and drove to Fresno to see him conscious for the last time. The next weekend he was not conscious. Bill was amazing and three weeks in a row drove 300 miles, one way to be with his older brother. Dad and Terry are together now, and I am sure they are enjoying the hunting stories Terry is now tell Dad. It would be just like Terry!

Thank you all very much for the love and support you have shown to me. I will miss my brother.
(((Hugs)))
Carol

FarmChick

Re: Thank You for the Cards

Post by FarmChick » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Carol, God bless you! Our memories keep our loved ones with us always.

A wonderful book about brothers/family is "Three Weeks with My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks. I gave a copy to my BIL after my DH passed.

May God hold you close in His loving arms. Peace to you.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:51 pm

It is those wonderful memoris that keep us going and sad at the same time. Sorry to hear about the death of your brother.

HUGS

Helen

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:13 am

Bunches of love and hugs to you!!!

Denise

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Carol, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your brother. I don't get on the forum often anymore and I didn't know until now. May God bless you and your family. May HE bring you comfort and peace as you face the sad days ahead. Thank you for sharing the story about him. Please do talk to family and friends and share stories from the past. The good times you all remember will remain in your hearts forever. And those happier memories will help you to get thru this sadness and bring you all closer together. May God be with you all today and always. May HE provide the support and love and warmth that you all need right now. Love and hugs, Shirley Mae

Return to “Projects from the Heart”