Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Please Read (OK GIRLS AND GUYS ) IN CHIT CHAT

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
busyhands125

Please Read (OK GIRLS AND GUYS ) IN CHIT CHAT

Post by busyhands125 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:45 am

COME ON YOU ALL JOIN IN DOING THE LOTTOS, SO EASY NOT MANY TO MAKE, AFTER ALL LIKE ANY OTHER LOTTERY. YOU NEVER KNOW YOU MAY WIN. MOMOF6QUILTS IS DOING THE MONTHY ONE. YOU CAN MAKE THESE PLUS EXTRAS AND HAVE FOR OTHER GIFTS,PROJECTS FROM HEART COLLECTIONS AND COULD WIN SOME FOR YOURSELF.
COME ONE COME ALL JOIN IN .

PAT

judyquilts

Re: Please Read (OK GIRLS AND GUYS ) IN CHIT CHAT

Post by judyquilts » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:32 pm

What are the Lottos?

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 pm

What are the LOttos. What is invloved in this.
Thanks Dolores

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:04 am

A lotto is just what it sounds like. Each month I pick a block and colors you can make two or four plus one for me. Everyone sends the blocks to me and at the end of the month I draw name or names depending on how many blocks we have. The people whose names are drawn get half of the blocks. The +1 blocks that I get I have made special projects with. This month they went to a lady that blocks were lost in July. The month before I made the Lydia Quilt with them. (see pictures here in PFTH) Sometimes I may just make myself a quilt (but that hasn't happened yet)

It it a chance to get a bunch of blocks for a making just a few and you can make yourself a quilt or make one and give it away.

You can also go over to Swaps and see the October lotto going on right now. You have time to sign up and jump right in. This month we are doing a quilters choice in Christmas fabrics.

I hope this explains it.

Vicky~

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:56 am

Yes!! Making the lotto blocks is a fun, short-lived project. they are usually easy patterns. I probably never would have tried the Scrappy Happy Houses if not for the lotto. I made five - used up some of my scraps, learned a new block, AND - I WON!! Now I have 18 blocks all made for a quilt when I get time to assemble it! There is no down side to joining the monthly lotto that I can see. Just my penny's worth! mary z

Iwantabequiltin

Post by Iwantabequiltin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 am

Go to Swaps,etc. And you will see where you can join a Monthly Lotto. Doing up so many blocks , then wait for the drawing.

Not thur the Christmas holiday so December is out.. Starts back up in January by "momof6quilts" so contact her if you need help.

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 am

I love the lottos.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”