Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wounded Warriors pillow cases continued.

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
debtief

Re: Wounded Warriors pillow cases continued.

Post by debtief » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:32 am

I have 12 done and ready to get in the mail. I taught my daughter to use her new sewing machine by making pillowcases. Now she is making some for Christmas gifts! Then I will gether some more fabric to do them for soldiers. She is happy to help between caring for her two little boys. I will mail this week. Maybe some others will find time to do some more also. :-) Deb

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Thank you to debtief and homegirl for your continued loyalty and your pillowcases. I really do appreciate your help. Hugs, Judy

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who helped me with pillowcases in 2009 and also all the little "blankies" for the children in Iraq and Afghanistan. I will continue these projects in the New Year if anyone is not tired of making them. I am also back to making scarfs for the children too. These are crocheted or knitted. Hugs to all and thank you again so much.

ShellyGSC

Post by ShellyGSC » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 am

Judy - I have a pattern for pillowcases that we do for young children & teens in hospitals. It's the roll-up like a tube method. I wonder if that's the one that you do?
If you have a pattern resource, please let me know and I will pass it on to my quilt guild. We have some active quilters and we do alot of "good works".
Then if I can have your address - we'll mail some out to you.
One of our retired quilters loves to sew & quilt - but she says that she had given out as many quilts as she possibly can to her family.
So this kind of project is great for people like her who want to keep actively sewing!
-Shelly

brokenquilter

Post by brokenquilter » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:09 am

to judyquilts
If you are still doing them,I love to crochet afgans.But I can only do Granny Square.If thant's OK for you I'd love to help out.Just let me know what to do.

debtief

Post by debtief » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:07 am

Judy, I started a new batch of blankies and wonder if you are collecting them again. Also will do more pillowcases when you start on that. Anmd a big hello from Columbus, where the robins and the quilters are enjoying an early spring day. Hugs, Deb

Return to “Projects from the Heart”