Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fallen Officers here in Philli/ / Getting ready to send and don't want to leave anyone out.

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
lovetwoquilt

Re: Fallen Officers here in Philli/ / Getting ready to send and don't want to leave anyone out.

Post by lovetwoquilt » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am

Hello Ladies,
I'm excited to be a part of Quilt in a Day forum.

I am new to quilting and eager to get started. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a 'fallen firefighter' quilt. I lost my son and would like to make a quilt, wall hanging etc... I would appreciate your input.

Thank you,

lovetwoquilt

purrfect-lady

Re: Fallen Officers here in Philli/ / Getting ready to send and don't want to leave anyone out.

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi, Lovetwoquilt! Welcome to our friendly forum! We're so glad to have you as one of us! Please accept my condolances on the loss of your beloved son. I think a memorial quilt is a beautiful idea. Do you have a block pattern in mind that you want to use or is that still up in the air. I have seen several nice firefighter prints. Or you might consider also including novelty prints representing things your son loved - sports? animals? mountains? sea? music? candy? Also a photo quilt in a nice idea, printing some of your favorite snapshots on computer-friendly fabric and them bordering them with whatever fabric makes you think of him with a smile.

Will this be a large quilt? A smaller one to hang on a wall? I KNOW it will be a special one, no matter what you decide.

I do hope you'll become a regular in our group. In the "Sew-ins" section of this forum, there is a kind of chat going on every day. check it out if you havent' already, and please, we'd love to know what you decide and see photos of your progress and finished project. God bless you and your son.
Mary Z

Piggie

Post by Piggie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm

http://www.free-quilt-patterns.net/cate ... hting.html

There are some firfighter appliques here.

God Bless your son. My daughter is a firefighter.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”