Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah - Updated for 2010

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Littlebit

Re: Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah - Updated for 2010

Post by Littlebit » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Thank You Ann - The tossed 9 - I used 9 different fabrics and cut 2 - 5" strips from yardage the width of fabric, and then cut my 5 " squares from the strips - it was enough to make 16 blocks

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Mary..........I like the blue and white. But if you want another color, I agree with Ann, maybe a narrow red border. Otherwise it is very nice just the way it is.

It's peaceful and classic.

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm

OH OH guess what I did to my Paducah Quilt.... Got it all laid out and pinned last nite.... and I discovered after double checking the directions.. that I forgot to put the plain order all the way around!!

Do you think it will look funny without. I sure hate to take all those pins out!!!

maggiestew

Post by maggiestew » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Maryq...I myself probably wouldn't unpin. Maybe just make extra wide binding? After having to unpin and repin my brothers xmas quilt I shiver at the thought of repinning. I have my blocks cut out. Snoopy (Carolyn) and I are doing this one together. I'll piece and she'll do the tying. We're making a boys quilt using the sailboat block from UGRR. Using primary colors (red, blue(lt and dk)and yellow for boats/sky; orange and lime green sash/cornerstones with a tropical fish backing. Right off the bat I had to screw it up..sewed 12 triangles to the boat wrong so had to unquilt.

Very pretty quilts ladies!!

maggiestew

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:41 am

Mary - I don't think I'd do all that unpinning either. Some mistakes aren't really mistakes - just creative adjustments to the pattern! If you are content with the outcome, I'm sure the recipient will be, too!!

Our guild put some quilts in a display at the local Art Center. I took a quilt off the wall here to put in the display. The bare wall was bothering me, so I found another quilt to hang in its place for the month. This quilt is probably over 10 years old, and as it hung I found a mistake I'd made and NEVER noticed before!

Don't fret!

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Ann

I love that "Creative Adjustment" Works for me!!!

When I get it all done, hopefully this weekend, I'll post another picture. That is ... if I survive the POLAR PLUNGE (see topic in Chit-Chat "Call me crazeeee"

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 am

*Smile*

I made a scrappy 9 patch quilt top for the Merryman house in Paducah. Tops all done, I'll quilt it and bind it. I now can sew on bindings onto the back by hand (Because I can actually SEE).

*T*

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:52 am

Wonderful, Susanna!! I know that someone will be THRILLED to own that quilt. And, how GREAT that you have improved vision with your new glasses.

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:40 am

Gals

I finally finished my Paducah quilt.. .I call it a "Mini Summer Porch" since I forgot to put the borders on it. LOL

Just have to add a label.. then who should I send it to?

[/img]

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Oh, Mary - that is one really GORGEOUS quilt. It will be treasured by someone who needs a gift like that! You can send it to me - I have sent you a PM with my address - and I will take it with me to Paducah!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”