Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah - Updated for 2010

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah - Updated for 2010

Post by gmaann » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:53 am

Hello Dear Forum Members

bjgallo/Beverly has spoken with the lady in charge at the Merryman House (women's shelter in Paducah), who is "thrilled" to learn that we will be donating quilts again.

Here are the particulars:

If you will participate, please make a quilt from a QIAD pattern to be presented to Merryman House following our class with Eleanor on Sunday, April 19th in Paducah. The quilt needs to be finished - quilted and bound.

The quilt can be any size. Bjgallo said they need quilts of any size for ladies or children.

If you cannot attend the class and wish to make a quilt to donate, please PM me for an address where you can send your quilt to another forum member who will be there - or bring it to the Meet & Greet on Saturday evening, April 18.

We will have a Show & Tell after the class for Eleanor, Sue, and the lady from the Merryman House. (I will try to learn her name so I don't have to keep calling her 'the lady'!)

Remember: QIAD Pattern and any size for ladies or children!

This is just one way we can thank Paducah for their wonderful hospitality to all the quilters!

Thanks!
Ann/gmaann
XOX

Any questions, post them, and I'll try to answer so everyone can see!

Tulpje

Re: Quilts for Merryman House (Women's Shelter) in Paducah - Updated for 2010

Post by Tulpje » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:01 am

*Smile*

This project was a *great* success last year, and I'm glad to see it is being done again his year.

Thanks for starting this topic Ann. I hope a lot of us can participate for this project.

Count down to Paducah is just under 3 months away.

*T*

bjgallo

Post by bjgallo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm

The lady that was there last year was Wendy. I think she will probably be the one there to accept the quilts again this year. The quilts were impressive.
Beverly

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:19 am

I have one done for a baby or small child and will be working on one for a mom :o)

Itchn2Bstitchn

Post by Itchn2Bstitchn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 am

Count me in....going to check out my "stash".

Keep stitchn,
Jan

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:41 pm

I'd LOVE to help this year too! I won't PROMISE, because I don't want to let anybody down, but I will do my very best!!

homegirl

Post by homegirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:49 am

Found a pattern from Sue B. that am trying to work on. Hopefully will be able to finish it in time to bring it.

Judy

Got the quilt finished so will be bringing it to Padukah Yeah

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Question: Since I wasn't there last year. Should I assemble the quilt traditionally or leave out the batting and back w/ flannel or polar fleece?

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Rosie, The only 'rules' are that it is a QIAD pattern and for a woman or child. Backing with flannel or fleece and omitting batting would be fine.

Thanks for your interest!!

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 am

I'm in! I'll get to work on it hopefully today.

I will be heading down there solo so will have room to take quilts. I live about 2 hours north of St. Louis in the NE corner of Missouri. I will be traveling down Hwy 79 to Interstate 70 above St. Louis, then east on I-64 across to Marion IL to get on I-57, then south to I-24 to Paducah.

If anyone along that route wants me to pick up quilts for them, please pm me & we can arrange to meet somewhere along the way.

The quilts last year were beautiful and it meant so much to the shelter. Made most of us cry, lol.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”