Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

ROUND #3 for the PILLOWCASES PROJECT- WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
lifeisgrand

ROUND #3 for the PILLOWCASES PROJECT- WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:22 am

Once again I will be sending pillowcases overseas to the American hospital in Germany for our wounded soldiers. Since I would like these pillowcases to be delivered to our hospitalized soldiers shortly before Christmas this year, I have selected Veteran's Day (Nov. 11th) as the deadline for the pillowcases to be postmarked to me. This will be our way to show our wounded American soldiers that others care and are thinking about them during the holidays.

You may make your pillowcases out of any fabrics. Pillowcases in the past were a very diverse selection of fabrics: fishing theme; red/white/blue theme; motorcycle theme; fireworks fabric; camping theme; sweet treats theme; hearts fabric; animal fabrics; bright fabrics -to cheer them up; race car theme; solar system theme; American symbols-flag, eagle, monuments; sports prints, and the list goes on and on. Bottom line: we want to use fabrics that will cheer them up and/or take their minds off their pain!

So, go ahead and look through your stash to see what fun & creative fabrics you already have... just begging to be sewn up into pillowcases!!! :^)

You've all been very supportive in the past and I know you will come through again! (After all- I mailed 213 pillowcases the first year and 192 pillowcases the second year!!!!!)
So, a big round of {{{HUGS}}} to each of you ~Marcia

Please PM me for my address.

INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE DONATED PILLOWCASES:
Jodi K.
dforseth (Debbie)
QIAD-Linda
QuiltwithMom (Kathy H.)
Judi C.
quiltfan60 (Linda)
Audrey B. (our "Pillowcase Queen"!)
vagrandma (Sandy)
Loretta
Oasis (Linda)
debtief (deb)
kho (Sandy)
Jeannine (kho's friend)
Judy (kho's friend)
Evie
Sharon G.
Marcia's 'Sew-In" friends
GrandmaTaz & friends
Dorothy
gmaann
life is grand

Final number of pillowcases sent: 376!!!!!

WeeOne

Re: ROUND #3 for the PILLOWCASES PROJECT- WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:00 am

Could you post the size you want these made in. I know I have a book with a pillowcase pattern, for embroidery, but want to make sure it's the size you need.
Lyn

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 am

Marcia, it's incredible you're heading this up again! Thank you so very much for giving us the opportunity to contribute! I'm in for sure, pm me your address when you get time.

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:14 pm

I have 7 done and 5 more that need borders. They'll be on their way soon. Thanks for doing this again, Marcia. hugs, carol/kittyquilt

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:55 pm

WOW! I'm thinking you were planning ahead- since you already have 12 pillowcases in the works and almost done! Kudos to you, Carol! Hugs~Marcia

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:45 am

Can you post a link to the pattern you are using.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

kho

Post by kho » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:05 am

I have 7 done-and more ready to sew. You want them there by the 24, is that correct??

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:51 am

Wow Ladies, I better get started!!! I want to use some flannel so I can fire up "Jaws", my serger, and try the finished seams.

I have my nieces today so no sewing but maybe tonight.

Way to Go!!!!
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:46 am

Thank you so much for heading this up! I will start working on some pillowcases today! Blessings on you!

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:25 am

Marcia,
In my middle of the night narco-sewing, I am going to try to do a few for your project. Hope they aren't as bad as the one I made for myself....please feel free to screen them out and cut them up for another project or forward them to Peachy for her "just plain pitiful" dartboard.
Do you wash your fabric before you make them?
Stoned in lala land,
Cyber-Sue

Return to “Projects from the Heart”