Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sew in Sunday May18

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
swtsarahjane

Sew in Sunday May18

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun May 18, 2008 4:09 am

Good morning everyone. I gone to try to sew alot and get things done around here. This morning is cloudy i hope the sun come out and stay out. BRB later

Tulpje

Re: Sew in Sunday May18

Post by Tulpje » Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 am

*smile*

Hi Sweet SarahJane. I hope you have a nice Sunday and get a lot of sewing done. Sarah, I have left a few PM's to you in Pogo.

For a 'Sunday' hubby and I are up early.
I went into my quilt room to look at the 'quilting' I did yesterday, and lol it is actually not bad for a first day 'on da job'.

I know what and how I need to do things different to improve easy on the machine and improve my quilting 'strokes'.

It is very sunny here. Nice and cool at 8:15, so it might be another scorchers today in the 90's. Jeff and I were sitting outside on our patio late last night. It is nice and quiet in our neighborhood at night. Tonight we hope to go out on our patio earlier and maybe even have our dinner out there.

I have some dishes and laundry to do, and take care of all the birdies. Their water dishes needs frequently filled with it being so hot and dry. Spunky (their Dad) is doing a good job of keeping the 2 chicks fed.

After all that, i think I'll go back to my LA and finnish what i have done so far. THEN, I'll pull out an old 'white' sheet for top and bottom with batting in between and a dark thread in my LA.

I'll check back-in later.

*T*

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun May 18, 2008 6:46 am

Hi Tul and Sarah,

I finished my binding last night on my Roman Holiday quilt and our friends are leaving in a few hours. I've just started a Charm Party Tote, not sure how far I'll get today.

Have a great Sunday.

Michelle

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun May 18, 2008 7:02 am

good morning...
Just popping in to say hi. I am going to go finish the camping quillow that has a suede cloth backing. The one with the bear turned out cute I think Jeremy will love it.
The concert last night was wonderful but it was annoying to see this woman with her program over her cell phone sending text messages during the symphony. She was in seats that cost $68 a seat why did she bother.

oh well...time to get some iced tea and put my glasses on and then sew

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun May 18, 2008 7:06 am

Michelle---post a photo of the Charm Party Tote I would love to see it.

and Michelle are you coming to Long Beach? We are having a get together at my house Sat. Evening. A make your own Fajita Bar with Carin's salsa on the side.
so far it is Carol (Quilter7), Susanna, Susanna's niece, Susanna's husband Jeff, Alina (I think), CArin, my quilting buddy Betsy and Debbie.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 18, 2008 7:24 am

DearT Im glad that you got everything up and running well Ive been up realy early did all the wash backed a baby quilt and am doing big stich on it with pearl cotton something I like to do when watching a movie I have to get this done it's for my DD friend and she needs it for end of june so I will try to get this done well everyone continue sewing and I will come back later.

fabricgirl

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun May 18, 2008 7:28 am

:)

LOL Carolyn, nope Jeff is not coming along. He knows with whom I'll be with and feels it's safe to turn me on my own to the 'lions' Den.
Jet (my niece is coming with me, and Alina will be driving in to LB as well.

I just finnished doing my chores and taking care of the birds. Went to oil and clean my machine and replaced the needle.

Am just taking a short breather here before I head back up to my quilt room.

BBL (be back later)

*T*

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sun May 18, 2008 8:07 am

Home from church and lunch at Subway, time to quilt!!

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am

Happy Sunday to all.........just got home from Wallieworld & grocery store. We stopped at a new pizza place for lunch & it was wonderful. So now DH is out playing with his new riding lawnmower & I have peace & quiet to do the binding on a quilt. I've been putting it off for a few days & decided that IT WILL get finished today. It's nice and sunny out, but windy & still a little cold. Thank goodness I haven't planted anything yet, there might be a freeze tonight.

apolta

Post by apolta » Sun May 18, 2008 8:39 am

Hey everyone... just popping in to see who is around and to say hello! I am busily working on getting my victory garden quilt... I am getting all the cutting done and placing the pices into baggies... then I will let 'er rip... I am not sure which setting I am doing yet but I will be making all the blocks first then I'll see... I can alwways use some of the extra blocks for shams if need be... anywho it is toasty hot out here in San Marcos... gak... what happened to our spring... oh welll!

Carolyn I will be tagging along with Susanna and her niece to Long Beach... It will be right in the middle of my move but Hubby gave me his blessing... he still thinks I am crazy but he knows I will have fun... and I have not gotten away by myself ever... so I can't wait!!!

Susanna- Once the PM's are working I need your address to send the angel block... also do you need extra blocks? I can whip up a few more for you... not sure how many people you have so far... anywho let me know!

Going to grab a Choc Chip cookie and some tea and get back to cutting... see you all later gators!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”