Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Where is everyone ?????????????saturday May 10 sew in anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
jacquie2

Re: Where is everyone ?????????????saturday May 10 sew in anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jacquie2 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi Everyone! Its been a busy day around here. I got sew on my mystery swap blocks for a few minutes this morning. then it was time to get all of the critters fed, and get prepared to take Lady out for a ride today. First time that she has been out in almost a month. I knew it was going to be interesting when she refused to put her thinking cap on right off the bat! Our ride lasted 3 1/2 hrs, and I rode the arab half the whole time. She thought if she troted out the whole way, the ride would be shorter -- NOT! Poor girl was pretty tuckered by the time we got back to the trailer. Next weekend I'm going to have to take her out for an all day ride, hopefully then, she'll start thinking, and just maybe I'll get to ride her other half. lol

After getting home, I had to muck stalls and doctor Champ. His legs are looking really good. Still an area that I haven't been able to get the scab off, but we're getting there. It is really painful for him while I'm scrubbing him down, but he really is trying to let me do what I have to do.

Then fix dinner and did dishes, and now I'm getting ready to finish these blocks. I sure will be glad to get these mystery swap blocks done.
Happy Trails, jacquie

Tulpje

Re: Where is everyone ?????????????saturday May 10 sew in anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tulpje » Sat May 10, 2008 5:22 pm

*smile*

WoW, I am just now coming up for air again.
I decided to finally trusted myself enough to cut that pretty fabric I bought for a delectable mountain quilt.

I cut the fabric for I think 6 blocks and assembly lined sewed them just by the books instructions (I am still used to work block by block). Then those blocks had to be re-cut again into smaller strips, then you swap the strips around untill it looks like a mountain.

It is quite a fun process, almost magical.

I'll hang around here for a bit while watching tv and munching on a left over pizza sorta kinda dinner.

BBL

*T*

Return to “Projects from the Heart”