Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friday sew in 4-11-08

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gardenquilter

friday sew in 4-11-08

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:49 am

hope all is well with everyone - spring has made a headliner here and i have been doing yard work for two days woo hoo it is wonderful - the mail lady is delivering sunbonnet sue blocks how fun is that - i am having a blast - we have started a new swap for aprons blocks so cute only have 5 spots left - so hop over and take a peek - i am on way out door to run a couple errands and then back to sew until dinner woo hoo such a fun evening planned - we are hanging across street in driveway catching up with neighbors and good friends is a good friday night - will pop back in i hope soon - enjoy the sew in -

what is everyone else doing

CaroleJ

Re: friday sew in 4-11-08

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:25 am

Oh my gosh, it's got to be nearly 80 degrees here...WHEW!

We (Ma, girls and I) needed to go to the bank this morning to put a deposit down on a house...I am still in shock! We have been searching for a suitable home for about a year; it looks like this one is going to fall into place (if it please God). After we finished up at the bank, we went to the market for a medium-sized grocery run...got home, put away groceries, made a sandwich and snarfed it, called DH to let him know the deposit is in progress...now I am sitting here on my arse, goofing off, having some coffee.

Youngest just came in to ask "when's lunch?" so I guess I'd better go feed her before she wastes away...!

Redtop

Post by Redtop » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:57 am

Dh and I have had a lazy day today. It is soooo nice outside, we sat on the porch for awhile. There is so much I need to do.

GQ, I've finished all my swaps and am looking for something new to start on. Some of the swaps are looking good, I might skip over and see what that thread has to offer. Can't get in to many swaps this time of year. Summer is busy around here.

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 am

Carole did you find a house in Ramona? This sure is the time to buy here. I would like to buy but wouldn't get squat for my house. It would be a latteral move. I would consider moving closer to wildomar with the grandkids but its crowded up there.

sharon

If you move up that way. Go to Fat Ivor's in Valley Center. All you can eat ribs for $10. Yummy

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:31 am

Carole - That is very exciting to buy a house! Congratulations!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:31 pm

We found property in Ramona and are going to put a manufactured home on it. Like I said, I am still kind of in shock, but it's beginning to sink in that this really could be IT...we may open escrow as early as Monday!

We needed to put a deposit down on the building to "lock in" the price from 2007; their prices are going up by 4% on May first.

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Carole, we have a friend that was burned out in the fires & they are trying to decide on a manufact house. There are alot of great choices there..

There is a quilt store in Ramona as you leave the town & head up to julian. On the right side, I think it's a little yellow house. Never been there but see it on the way.

As long as there is a quilt store & a grocery store, You've got it made LOL

sharon

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Am so envious of you gals with nice weather. Here in MN we got dumped on with about 5 more inches of snow last nite and it's been raining and/or snowing here all day! It's starting to get really depressing!

Was able to bug out of work a little early this afternoon, so I'm trying to decide what to do first.. play or work. If I get some chores done tonite, I won't have so much to do tomorrow.. or I could skip the chores and play tonite and work buns off tomorrow. Such tough decisions! Think I'll sit and think about it for a few minutes.

Will check back in with y'all later!

MM

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi everyone. I'm so excited to be off on the weekends so I can participate in the sew ins. I normally don't like weekends off, but hanging out with the girlies here is going to be fun. I just got back from LQS. Going to finish up a quilt I started for my girlfriend. Of course I didn't buy enough fabric for the back, so I had to venture out and find something else to match. Lori
Lori 8-)

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Have a great evening everyone.... I'm off to Campo. DS has a bike race there tomorrow AM at 7. We will take the motorhome & spend the night so he doenst have to leave here at 4. Yikes toooo early.

It's supposed to be 90 here tomorrow so may try & work outside for awhile. Yeah summer!!! If it's too hot, I will come in & sew or do cross stitch. Tho I need to organize my sewing room.

See ya tomorrow,

sharon

Return to “Projects from the Heart”