Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 6 Sew In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
carole

Re: Sunday April 6 Sew In

Post by carole » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:37 am

There seems to be a lot of us on this forum. Still dancing around your sewing room?

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:39 am

MeQ, they sound like fun projects anyway!

I am helping DD#2 with a little something for our scout leaders; Leader Appreciation Day is April 22. The girls couldn't agree on what to do so DD#1 is decorating baseball caps and youngest is making pillows.

I was a good girl, stripped the kids' beds (bunk beds are a real PIA) and got the sheets in the washer; will do the sheets from our "big bed" next. Love sleeping on fresh sheets!

AC/DC on the radio...I'm off to reboot the laundry.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:41 am

Carole...LOLAK! It depends on what is playing on the radio! Early Beatles always get me shaking my behind; they played some stuff this morning I haven't heard in a LONG time...even one of my favorite old ballads of theirs, "Yes It Is". The harmonies and guitar on it are just beautiful.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:43 am

I'm baaack... ate lunch and actually took a little nap!! Too much excitement yesterday!!!

CarolJ -- I was listening to "BB King & Friends", South Side Chicago Blues, Blues Brothers sound track, Great Women of Song including Billie Holiday.... I don't know enough about the blues, but love listening to the music station when I'm visiting my son in Milwaukee. When I get to the bigger cities, I go to the record stores where you can listen a little to what you are buying!!

Since my little nap I turned on my IPOD section with slower music, now am listening to Nat King Cole, some jazz, and misc songs from various shows, etc. I am so thankful my son hooked me up with this IPOD -- how did we live without them?

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:43 am

Good morning all ~ Had breakfast, a cup of coffee on my porch swing, took a shower and now my day is my own. Yippee!! Am going to pick out several movies and fire up the DVD player to that I can listen and watch if I want. Then on to the whirl of the sewing machine. What a great way to spend the day. Debi

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:46 am

Debi, I'm with you! A day spent sewing is never wasted!

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:49 am

howdy i am working on round robins and sun bonnet sues - bouncing back and forth and having a ball - am almost ready for nap though dh left early this morning well before sunrise to go ride - he just called they are done and will be home in a couple of hours - sounds like everyone had a good ride - is the first team event bike ride of the season - they had a good time

i am sewing away does anyone see peach as a sand color

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:51 am

Qnewby, that music sounds wonderful! I love BB King, don't know nearly enough about his music. I think my preference for British over American rock is because British rock tends to be more grounded in the blues, like Led Zeppelin and the Stones.

I love almost all music, though...just depends on what I feel like hearing.

Oh, here comes some Boston! Brad Delp had one of the most powerful voices in rock; he hits notes I only dream of!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Garden! Peach for sand...hey, the rocks in Utah and Colorado are an orangey-red. Wouldn't that make for peach sand?! If it sets off your Sues better than a tan or beige, I'd say go for it!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:56 am

Gardenquilter, if the colors blend with what you are working on and you enjoy the look..........go for it. No quilt police here!

I am going to finish up some mystery blocks and continue with my SBS. I need to get something out for supper and then finish up laundry while I sew but most of my day will be here.

Carole, congrats on finishing the placemats. Are they for you or a gift? Love to see pics if you have time. Never made any but sure need some new ones at my house, may need to add them to my list of future projects. At this rate it will be a mile long before summer hits. :) Debi

Return to “Projects from the Heart”