Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 6 Sew In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
mequilter9158

Re: Sunday April 6 Sew In

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:29 am

Dinner will be at 5 or so, you're more than welcome to join us! Ensure for supper? what about the smelt???

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:33 am

Was going to make the smelt for lunch, but it looked a little questionable, so I had to throw it out... oh well, less dishes to wash!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not doing any more driving today!!!!

Have a good night, I'm signing off for now

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:00 am

Back from a quick grocery run, gassing up the car for the coming week, and picking up Ma's prescriptions.

Should go fold some laundry, or make a bed, or something that doesn't involve sewing...but we have Girl Scouts tomorrow, I work Tuesday, and Wednesday is park day...so I probably won't be able to sew until Thursday. I am trying to savor my weekend off as much as I can!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:10 am

CaroleJ........I know what you mean. I'm on Jury Duty for the first four days of this week, so I really don't have a set schedule to follow. I can call each night after 5 to see if I have to show up, so I'll be doing that soon. At least I know that work didn't plan for me to either open or close this week, so that's alright. I finally figured out what was wrong with my triangles......I cut them the wrong size......DUH. No wonder why they're not working out!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:15 am

I would probably really enjoy jury duty, but as a homeschool mom with young kids and an aged mother and a husband who works full time...it isn't feasible from a practical standpoint right now. No problem not knowing if I am going in the next day or not...if I'm cancelled, I'll just stay home and sew! lol

I can't stand cutting stuff wrong! Once it's cut, there's no changing it. I sympathize with your pain...

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:31 am

It worked, it actually worked!! I got the complete row done, now need to do the other one. Think I'll check on supper & then tackle it afterwards. I'm doing a happy dance!!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:54 am

Yaaaay, MeQ!! Go slow and easy when you cut the rest of those little buggers! Glad to hear you got the problem worked out!

I need to get off my arse and go start dinner! <sigh> Can I have a "mental health" WEEK?!

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Carole, if you get a "mental health week" I want one too LOL

I just took the grandkids home, we blasted music & danced this am to Grease (my DGD age 5 going on 13 favorite songs and my DGS who is 3 loves "blue suede shoes"

Overcast & yucky all day here. Hope everyone is having a good day

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Well Hello Again,
I just finishing pressing all the fabric I bought on the shop hop so I thought I would check in here. The weather here is a little cool but beautiful and clear. I should go to the yard and weed. some of the ones in the back are getting kind of tall. I went to pick an onion this morning and noticed the boysenberries are starting to bloom. It is so much fun to watch the yard blossom!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:42 pm

Well, it's official...I really AM losing my mind! Here I was thinking it was FOUR, I sign off, head into the kitchen...and the clock said THREE. I double checked the clock on the microwave and, indeed, it was only 1500.

I was a good and virtuous girl, went and put away my clean laundry. I have a bit more time so am going back to it. There's quite a number of piles here.

Sharon, we had sun off and on today here near Miramar. Last night when I went out to lock up my car (and grab a box of Girl Scout cookies from the back seat), I could have bet it was going to rain. Guess it didn't, though, otherwise it would have been all over the news--lol

The baskets await...

Return to “Projects from the Heart”