Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 6 Sew In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
CaroleJ

Sunday April 6 Sew In

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:52 am

Hello everyone...anyone sewing or are y'all sleeping in?

We have a Sunday morning Beatles radio show on our local rock station, so I have been sewing and blasting the Beatles since 0800. I will be sending them a bill for chiropractic services since I think I tweaked my neck dancing The Jerk here in my sewing room...not to mention having been spotted by my 10 year old during said dance...!

"I'm the tax maaaan..."

Quilter7

Re: Sunday April 6 Sew In

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:44 am

Good Morning Carole! You sound like you are having a lot of fun this morning!

My DH and I have been to Church, then I came home and made breakfast. I will be ironing the rest of the fabric that I washed yesterday and cleaning house today. Before that I am going to go on a walk with my DH. I really want to sew the blocks for the block lotto. I finished one so need two more.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:56 am

Good Morning -
Or, afternoon here--- have been sewing for almost three hours, and decided I needed a break -- so did my sewing machine. Decided to jam up on me, so had to fix it... thought I'd check in here before I do lunch!! It is sunny off and on here today... plan to sew as much as I can, but I HAVE to catch up on dishes and laundry before the day is over.

These are the days I think it might be nice not to live alone so someone else can do that for me:)

Carol I know what you mean about the music!! I have my IPOD going -- today I was listening to Irish music, now am on the blues.

Nothing like fast bagpipes and fiddles in the morning to get you going!!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:19 am

Hi there. I'm cleaning my room & uncovered two patterns that I knew were in there somewhere. lol Now I want to finish that up & get working on the Wizard of Oz quilt top. Need to push myself to get that done but may take time out for a short walk with the dog. Have to enjoy some of the warmth we're getting here, we've waited long enough for it!!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:35 am

Oh, Qnewby, what kind of blues do you like? I **LOVE** the blues, and even prefer blues-based rock and roll. Have you heard "Riding With The King"? It's a blues album that Eric Clapton and BB King released several years ago...very tasty stuff!

Now the station has gone to classic rock, which is fine with me. Ma may not like it as much as the Beatles, though!

I can't decide if I want to sew or what...! Guilt is gnawing at me so I will go get some beds stripped and wash sheets. Whee ha.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:36 am

MeQ, were you the one who was searching for Wizard of Oz fabrics last year? I remember when you finally found some Cowardly Lion fabric.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:43 am

CaroleJ......no, it wasn't me. In fact, I didn't really think I'd like it when I heard about the new line. Until I saw it at a LQS & knew I had to have it. I'm making up two in the sepia tones (one for possible DD Christmas present) and the other for a co-worker who ordered it. After those are done, I have another WOZ quilt to do up for the same co-worker, only in the colored tones. After that I should check my sewing room to make sure some of the munchkins aren't hiding in there, huh?

carole

Post by carole » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:54 am

Good Morning,

Well, I have finished my placemats and today I am going to donate the day to charity projects. I am making charity quilts for the Vets and blue scarfs for Lynn. I really want to get a lot done today. We will see how it goes.

Carole

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:24 am

Just stopping by for a minute. Sounds like everyone is having fun. DH and I just cam in from our walk. MEQuilter enjoy your walk.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:34 am

Hello Carole and Carol...from Carole!

This is getting a bit odd....maybe Carolyn will sign on today, too...lol

Return to “Projects from the Heart”