Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday ~ April 5 Sew-In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
CaroleJ

Re: Saturday ~ April 5 Sew-In

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Oh, thanks for clearing that up...I was thrown off because Mequilter doesn't have her listed with her screen name...all it says is "bundled up"! Gosh, with temps in the 50's...that's darn near bathin' suit weather out there!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:16 pm

You got that right!!! I was ready to bring out the grill tonight, but I couldn't bear to tear myself away from my new fabric LOL!!

I remember when I lived in Calif. and everyone started wearing heavy winter coats when the temps got down in the 30s!!

I sure do miss Napa

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Quiltnewby05.....have you started anything yet, or are you still drooling over your purchases? I'm looking for my yellow brick road pattern & I can't find it :( Does that mean I should clean my room a little bit?

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Napa sure is pretty, but boy do you pay the price to live there. California is expensive to begin with; Napa is one of the priciest areas to live in.

I'm a native Californian...I think temps in the 30's warrant LONG UNDERWEAR, for gosh sakes! I am such a wimp! But now that perimenopause has me in its clutches, it's like my core body temperature has reset itself about 5 degrees higher. I'm not "flashing" any more (thank God!) but I am just warmer all the time. Very weird.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:22 pm

ME -- getting ready to start cutting more of those 5" squares, and 2 2/1" strips -- put some of the fabric away that I am saving for later... did also look at the patterns I bought -- think it will be another 5 years before I get to them!!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:22 pm

Mequilter, don't forget to turn the scraps in the scrap basket to prevent their multiplying!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Napa was just a nice day trip -- when I see movies in that location, or in San Francisco I pause the DVD and sigh.... I was raising a son on my own, and decided to bring him back to Wisconsin. It was cheaper, and I had hoped being closer to my family would be good for him -- not sure if it was, but he's 27 now and lives in Milwaukee, doing ok.

Always thought I'd go back to CA, but I sure love living on Lake Michigan, with the slower life style. I mentioned that to ME when we were driving through farm country today (a little lost)-- at least we weren't in heavy highway traffic!!! Just smell that nice country air (manure)....

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:33 pm

We got whiffs of horsie dung, duck droppings, and chicken poo on Friday morning. We drove out to Ramona, about 40 minutes northeast of here, to check out some property. Driving back, we could see the gunk in the sky over San Diego. Yuck. Though with the almost constant breezes off the ocean, the air quality isn't bad here.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Wow - sounds like everyone's been having fun.... I worked this morning, and took some stuff to work on during the slow times, and got quite a bit done, cutting mostly for charms, etc., swaps.... then went into town, and blew some $$ on stuff for the SBS blocks - my Sue's are going to the beach - guess where THAT idea came from??!!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 pm

I never got to San Diego, but wanted to. Did you ever get as far north as Gilroy for the garlic festival? Now THAT's an interesting odor... when I lived in the SF Bay area, we had a couple blocks of Eucalyptus trees -- loved that.

Oh well.... every place has it's charm. ME and I decided today that we are going to Paducah next year... yeah!!! Shouldn't take too long to drive there.

I'm signing off now -- it's 8:30, and there is a movie on I want to see, and of course I am getting up early tomorrow to sew!!!

See ya, this has been fun....
Cynthia

Return to “Projects from the Heart”