Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday ~ April 5 Sew-In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
mequilter9158

Re: Saturday ~ April 5 Sew-In

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm glad that I was coerced into the last purchase, it's my favorite & will be made into an Irish Chain quilt. And, it's a good thing that we went back into that shop........the owner agreed to embroider the names & numbers of the Packer players for the autograph square quilt in exchange for the advertising. That'll really make it "pop" and people won't have to try and figure out the autographs (believe me, it's not easy). The wine tasting fundraiser will be held in October for the Arthritis Foundation.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:01 pm

The washing machine is running and I have trimmed all the fabric. I think I just hear it finish, so I will need to get another load started and continue to press this fabric.

I must tell you that yesterday was the first time I have been on a shop hop. It is definitely more fun with a friend!

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi all! BAck in a bit - DH cooked chicken on the grill!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:08 pm

CarolJ you have to do your first shop hop with someone that like quilting as much as you -- it really is more fun.

I usually kind of just scan over fabrics, but Mary Ellen really examins them, says "Isn't this cute?" and I buy it, because she's right!!

The only dissapointment today was lunch... yuk.

Now I'm having popcorn and root beer -- I need a DH to make chicken on the grill like Hummingbird!!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:14 pm

Aren't we healthy tonight? Popcorn & root beer? That's ok, I'm having chips & dip & a kit kat bar, all downed with Diet Dr. Pepper. DH had fixed a pizza & I grabbed a couple of pieces of that. Definitely need a home cooked meal tomorrow, maybe ribs & baked potatoes, that really sounds good. I'm having fun just looking at my purchases, don't have the heart to cut any of it up quite yet. Cynthia....the blues go perfect in your kitchen. What will you make with them?

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Mary Ellen -- you'll have to come over and help me decide what to make witht that fabric... curtains, table cloth, just make it look like wallpaper... I got enough of it!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Hey CA ladies, are any of you planning on going on the shop hop next weekend???? I can do Saturday only but plan to make the best of it. PM me or post if you want to meet up and get in trouble together. LOL Debi

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:42 pm

I have to work next weekend! I miss out on all the fun! I guess I will remain a shop hop virgin for a while yet.

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:43 pm

CaroleJ, will there be a shop hop the weekend of Long Beach??? I think that is a great weekend to break you in!! Debi

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Oh my - now that was good! mmmmmm DH cooks a mean bird on the grill. He quarters it and we have a baste that we've been making for years and it is just so good.

Course it's one of the very FEW things he cooks, LOL, but it's good.

Today I've been quilting the "Dont' Fence Me In' that I'm taking to Paducah and I cleaned out flower beds and watered plants. I'm ready for a hot bath, LOL!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”