Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Tulpje

Re: Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Post by Tulpje » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:38 pm

...:)

My lady friend Leanne and her daughter Staci came over for a visit. Staci drove in with her Mom. They left now for Jeff and I to have our last 12+ hours to ourselves. Jeff leaves at 4:15 and Staci will roll in around 9:00 am or so. Jeff's first stop is San Fransisco where he goes to the India consulate for his visa before resuming the rest of his flights to Dehli, India.

All laundry is done. Suitcase is just about packed.

I started to get a headache (no caffiene) and general malaise, so I took a Vicodin this time instead of a Norco. I am spiking a low grade temp. Going to take a nap, hoping to feel well enough to go out for something to eat with Jeff around dinner time and a stop at wallimart for travel size toiletries for Jeff.

I'll check back in later.

*T*

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Home now after a delicious meal with friends. I will sit in my recliner and hand sew the binding to the back of the quilt.

Tul - hope you feel well enough to eat dinner out with Jeff tonight. Will be thinking about you all week. If you want to talk, you know my #. Know you will be in good hands with Staci and Leanne.

Carole - I use wooly nylon thread in the looper(s) of my serger to put a nice rolled hem finish on napkins. The wooly nylon thread fills in nicely and makes the edge look 'full'. That's the only thing I have used the wooly nylon thread for, but I imagine there are other uses as well.

carole

Post by carole » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:26 pm

Thank you gmaann - I really had no idea what to do with that thread. I like to make napkins and placemats so it will come in hand.

Carole

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:10 pm

I use wooly nylon in my serger.

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Michelle how are you feeling?

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Has anyone heard from Tiggersmom lately? I don't think I've seen her posting for a while now.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi Linda!!dr put me on rampril is that what u were taking?

carole

Post by carole » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Is anyone in here tonight?

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm here, but just popping in before we start the bedtime routine with the girls. The Easter shindy was fun, very laid back and relaxing. Got home, slung a kid in the shower while I fed the other, then they switched. Eldest is grouchy and wanting to debate everything...pretty typical when she has a load of junk food on board. She'll be in bed soon and I won't have to listen to her mouth. Hoo-RAY.

Apparently one of them got a jar of Flarp as a goody during the egg hunt. It's putty in a plasic tub that makes fart sounds when you squeeze it...at least I HOPE that's what I am hearing, since the noises are coming from the living room! Eeeeek.

I didn't do any sewing today, nor did I run out for rotary cutter blades. Sat down and tried to stitch a binding, but got wrapped up in watching telly instead. "Godspell" was on, definitely a blast from the past!

I could use a nice cool shower before I hit the sack. My feet are dusty from being in sandals and I need to wash off all the sunscreen I slathered on before we left for the party.

Y'all have fun chit chatting tonight; I think I am going to be unconscious in about an hour...an hour and ten if I am lucky...
Carole

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:32 pm

We made it home and I wanted to pop in and say hi I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”