Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Tulpje

Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Post by Tulpje » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:53 am

*SMILE*

Good Morning every 1.
I know I am WAY way early to be starting this post.

I might even still try to go back to bed to sleep some more.

Yesterday late afternoon I was able to get out of the house with Jeff.
Jeff took me to Petsmart so I could buy my bird supplies and a brand new bed for Pepper Dawg.

Then we went to a fairly new shopping mall center, where it was So much fun to be. I bough a few items for my hair. Oh and I found me a blue Tiarra LOL

Then we went to B&N to buy a few things for Jeff to read on his very very long trip to India that he starts tomorrow morning. And a few books and magazines for me to read as well here at home.

Next stop was the grocery store just to pick up a few snacks and drinks.

This outing was longer then we had planned for me, but I just know how good it felt to be out again.

Hopefully we can do another small outing again today. I would like to get my car through the car wash, and I need to go by Kinko's.

Yup, I feel a nap attack coming and I'll go back to bed.

I DO hope to do some fabric cutting today.

Have a *HAPPY* Easter Sunday sew-in.

*T*

CaroleJ

Re: Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:33 am

Tul, are you normally an early riser, or were you just having trouble sleeping? Have some fun today...watch your fingers with that cutter!

That reminds me, I am on my LAST rotary cutter blade...really should go get a pack...

Carole

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:48 am

Good Morning Tul and Carole.........So glad to hear you are getting out and about Susanna. After feeling so bad and being home it must have felt exhilerating to be part of the crowd again. LOL Yes please be careful with the cutter as Carole said, it is soooooo sharp but so much quicker than scissors. LOL

I'm going to do some borders on the Paducah quilt today. Susanna, does the offer to take my quilt with you still stand? If it will be too much luggage for you or your car, let me know and I'll send it off to someone(?) back there already. Either way is OK with me, which ever is EASIEST for you.

Have a nice day Ladies, the temperature is sure going to guarantee a beautiful day.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:48 am

I'll check in for a while, but I really AM working on those borders now. We're invited to friends' for dinner at 2PM.

Cold here in mid-TN this morning - only 35° now. Lots of people in church this morning in wool slacks and long sleeves!! Not the usual Easter finery. However, it's 20° warmer than it was LAST Easter - and Easter was at least 2 weeks later. We had a very hard freeze that killed a lot of plants.

My forsythia is starting to bloom and the Bradford Pear trees are almost in full bloom. I love Spring!

Back to the borders!

Tulpje - Glad you were able to go out yesterday and hope you'll also get out today for a while. Thinking of you and praying for improvement in your health!!

CaroleJ - Don't think you're going to find anyplace open today for rotary cutter blades!! Hope you don't roll over a pin today!

Ann

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:02 am

Good Morning all ~ We are off to Easter supper at dear aunties but should be home later this afternoon and I will check in then. Have a blessed day, enjoy those around you and take some time for yourselves. I am taking hand work, my SBS need attention but will be back this afternoon to visit with all of you.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:52 am

*smile*

Carolej, the Levoquin (and aLL the other anti-biotics I've been on) has and is wearing my body down.
The pharmacist told me NO caffienated drinks with the Levoquin and NO sun exposure. Well, since I am now 100% smoke free, I now also have to give up my ONE cup of coffee in the morning? So I drink a very small cup of coffee (4 oz) as soon as I get up, which in turns gives me trouble sleeping.

Jo-Ann's will be open for buying new blades.
Not sure on Easter Sunday or not.
Some of the giant WalliMarts carry rotary blades as well.

I will use the Jr. tailer slotted ruler IF I cut fabric today.
Have to wait for the Norco to wear off. I took norco and Zofran at 9:00 am

They now also added Diflucon to my regime, no suprise there after weeks of anti-biotics. So we picked up a bottle of Adophil...(SP Yogurt culture pill).

The weather here is and feels like "SUMMER is Here?" with temps in the High 70's, blue skies and 1000% sunshine.

I'll check back in later. Have to help Jeff to set up his little pharmacy to take with him to India. He got all his converters now.
He's suppose to get confirmation of staying at the Radison in Dehli today. It is 100 degrees in Dehli with humidity at 20%.

Jeff LOVES Margarita's when the weather is HOT, but has been instructed NOT to drink those while in India, because of the water. (Margarita uses crushed ice, and he might react to their water). Bottled beer for him while in india.

Oh, and did I tell you he might take at a little time to see if he can go fabric shop for me there. LOL I asked him to try to get me 5 different fabrics, 2 meters each (1 meter is approx. 1 yard). He was instructed about putting a 'decoy' wallet in his back pocket.

AND NO I am NOT going to go back to smoking, even tho Sending Jeff off to inda is starting to get a little stressful on me/us.

*HUGS*

sorry for blabbering.

*T*

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:58 am

Susanna, you can 'blabber' all you want! We're here to support you while Jeff is gone! Just lean on us and your doctors and try to keep your positive outlook. "Attitude is Everything".

We love you and will fluff pillows and SMILE for you!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:50 am

Howdy, there, Tul...in addition to, or instead of, acidophilus caps, you can also drink kefir. It's a cultured dairy drink, sort of like thinned out yogurt. It can help replace your good bacteria. If you are having problems with yeast overgrowth...you can use active culture yogurt, PLAIN (no sweeteners or flavorings) directly on...um...parts that itch...if you get my meaning. The cold yogurt also feels soothing and again, it helps promote the replacement of a healthy balance of healthy bacteria.

Praying for restored health for you,
Carole

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:18 am

Oasis, I hope you will be able to get out and enjoy the nice weather today! It's supposed to get into the low eighties here--I celebrated by shaving my legs so I can wear my cropped pants to an Easter shindy this afternoon. Need to remember my sunscreen so I don't crisp!

Carole

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:28 am

*SMILE*

Yup (((Oasis/Linda)))) The offer still stands that I'll 'hand' carry your trunk show quilt into Paducah.

Carolej <grin> I too shaved my legs. I'm wearing the cutest dark pink shorts with draw strings, and a ribbed tank-top with tiny heart prints all over it. Yup, I know about the 'yogurt on sensitive parts' treatment. Cooling and soothing.

Airport shuttle for tomorrow 4:15 am has been ordered.

<grin> I bought Jeff a scifi book that I managed to slip into his suitcase. He carries a note book with him for notations. I went about 1/3 rd into his note book and wrote him a little Love letter. <giggle> He arrives in Dehli,India on his 45th Birthday.

*T*

Return to “Projects from the Heart”