Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
SFOQuilter

Re: Sunday March 23rd sew-in...

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm back. DH was supposed to pick up a few essentials at the grocery store on his way home from the airport but his flight is delayed 2 hours and won't be home til midnight or so. So back in the car I went and got what we needed. Tonight I am pressing FQs to start a new quilt for a friend's daughter. She spied my Chez Moi fat quarter bundle and fell in love with it. I've had it around forever (one of those purchases with no plan in mind LOL) and have 40 FQs so will make a nice sized queen quilt. It will be the largest one to go on the HQ since I bought it.

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi girls! I'm here.... :-)

It is 3.40a.m. where I am, and I'm still not in bed. I'm desperately trying to finish work before I take off to your part of the world in 24 hours from now!

I'm so excited, though, most of all about the possibility to meet SFOquilter/Michelle next weekend in San Francisco!

Hope you're all having a good evening!

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Michelle, didn't see your post when I posted.

How's the weather in San Francisco? Did you get my e-mail (we've had some serious server problems here lately, so I don't know if my mails reach their recipients right now....)

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Mary how long is your flight? Do you have some hand work or are you going to sleep?

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm

I don't really know how long the flight is in hours, but my guess is that the first flight is about an hour and a half, and the second some 10 hours or so (give or take an hour). But, considering that I probably won't be going to bed at all before I leave home tomorrow at 4a.m., I plan to sleep like a baby on the long flight :-)

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi Maria, I did get your email and we're all set. Fabric shopping is just a few days away!!! The weather all weekend was perfect, sunny and warm but it's on its way out unfortunately. It's going to be quite a bit cooler with showers a few days. It's all relative I suppose, many are having snow this Easter day and it won't be that cold thankfully:) LOL

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:29 pm

:)

*HI* There HSMaria. So exciting to have you come to the US.

Jeff and I took Pepper for a walk when the temps cooled down a little. After that we went for a stroll at the nice shopping center. We ate at Kings Fish house. YUM, steak and lobster.
We made ONE last stop for snack for Jeff on his trup. And <grin> I managed to sneak away from him to buy him a baby chicken (stuffed doll) and a BirthDau Card.

Time for us to turn in. His allarm will go off at around 3:30

Nite all.

*FluFF*'s for every ones pillows.

*T*

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Just got back from family Easter supper, it was a very long day and we had a great time visiting with everyone. Hope all had a wonderful day, worked on my SBS while I was there. Sounds like everyone is getting ready for a very full week. May all that are traveling arrive safely, those who are not feeling well, get better and may we all have a blessed week.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Return to “Projects from the Heart”