Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Friday sewin

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
cyberspacequilter

Re: Good Friday sewin

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:35 pm

This is the website for the Prayers and Squares.
http://www.prayerquilt.org/

If I remember correctly, I think the church that QIAD Linda attends has one of these groups. Seem like I remember seeing it on the church website when some of the forum members were doing things for the fire victims. Don't quote me on this but I think that is correct.
Cyber-Sue

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:40 pm

I think that I have been talking to myself so I am going to take a break and go get a "Skinny Cow" ice cream bar....the cow part is the correct part of the name
CS

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:45 pm

I am going to email a few people that left their addresses on the abc.com site. I am also going to try and find out if there are any local groups doing this.

I can't believe some people are expecting snow on Easter. But then again Easter is early this year and even a few weeks makes a difference.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Sue, OMG!...decorated hand grenades! I love it! LOL!

I had some excitement a bit ago! Shane and the Grandmonkey pulled into the driveway and Shane started blasting the horn...we go out and he yells out he just saw a big black bear about 350 lbs. go behind our cabin...and wants us to keep an eye on the back stairs so he can run the Grandmonkey inside! OMG! I took off back into the cabin at warp speed!!! Opened a window and yelled at him not to dare get that baby out of his truck until we knew where the bear was! Everyone has been telling me there's black bear all over the place up here, but I've never seen one, just lots of deer. So, I tell DH we need to call someone to come take care of the bear. He looked at me and started cracking up..."like, who do you suggest we call, there's nobody up here!" ROFLOL! Then I really got scared! LOL!

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Pam I don't like to be where the bears are either! How scary! My dh wants to go hunting in places where the bears tear up the cabins I don't think I would like it! How are you going to get her in the house? Be careful!

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi Gals,

It's 11PM. I think I scared my Mom. It's been snowing here like mad all afternoon & evening. It always makes me want to watch "The Shining." She's never seen it & we watched it with me. She suggested putting on an episode of "Northern Exposure" to help her get "The Shining" out of her head. LOL

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:08 pm

SFO Quilter - I just looked on the website given by cyberspacequilter. The group is all over and you can find a nearby group on the website. They are non-denominational. If you do e-mail any of the folks on ABC site would you please report back? Maybe we could help. I especially was touched by the family that had lost a loved one and still wanted a quilt so they could remember her. How sad! They just want the comfort of someone who cares.

GP - You are too funny! That bear probably high tailed it out of their with all the ruckus! Just stay inside and keep the door closed. Be sure to put away all that good food! Do NOT leave food inside your vehicles, not even "lemon" scented soaps are safe! Bears will break into the vehicles!
Carol

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:09 pm

I think the Shinning is pretty scary! She probably will be up all night now! You may have to give her some comfort food to help her forget about it!

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:11 pm

pam was it the truth or were the guys getting back at you for today??

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:28 pm

guess everyone is gone so i will retire for the night! its nearly midnite here!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”