Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Friday sewin

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
SFOQuilter

Re: Good Friday sewin

Post by SFOQuilter » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:31 pm

I just turned on the ABC news with Charlie Gibson. There is going to be a story about quilting. They said it's about those who stitch for comforting people. Did anyone on the east coast watch?

sallyjo125

Post by sallyjo125 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:33 pm

I missed that. I wonder if I can find it on the Web. No fair talking about the warm weather--we are getting snow here!! and lots of it. I thought yesterday was the first day of spring!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey ladies! Can't stay too long...pot of soup on the stove and garlic bread in the oven. Had to put the poor dog out back because the sounds the oven makes cause her to flip out...!

Haven't done much in the way of sewing the past couple days. My sewing area was a wreck, so I spent most of yesterday morning getting it tidied and re-organized. Stole another shelf from DH...he hasn't noticed yet. :-D Also swiped a plastic storage tote from the kids; it had only a few pieces of scrap felt in it...now it is full to the brim with my Christmas fabrics and some denims that were in need of a home! Looks much nicer and is now functional!

I did penance by working on a bunch of little items that needed repairs: a doll's apron, a backpack in need of a snap, a cap that needed elastic...stuff like that. Very nice to have that stuff off my To Do list and OFF MY SEWING TABLE.

Don't know if I will be around much tonight...I get up so early, by eight thirty or nine I am sorta worthless!

Timer is going off---time for garlic bread! YUMMERS!

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Sally, good idea. I just checked and found a link to the article at least and it also asks if you want to donate quilts.

Here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/PersonOfWeek/s ... id=4498593

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Ladies, please check out the ABC article. I am going to post this on Chit Chat as well. We've heard the story before, and we do it here, but the story is about a group of quilters who make quilts for cancer patients. It's not the story so much that has made an impact on me, it's the comments all the viewers are posting. You can find a link to the comments at the end of the article. 175 so far of people requesting quilts for mothers, fathers, sisters...all with cancer. The stories are so sad. They are even posting their phone numbers and email addresses hoping someone will agree to send a comfort quilt. Now I know what project I will start this weekend.

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello everyone. Just thought I would pop in and say hello! Have any of you gotten your June 2008 McCall's quilting magazine? I got mine today and our Linda Parker wrote a wonderful artical about Eleanor. Great job Linda.
I will try to pop in in a little while and join in with you all. I have miss placed my digital camera, so am going to try to get the movie camera to down load. I really want to share something special with all of you, but it won't be the same if I can't get a picture.
Linda

sallyjo125

Post by sallyjo125 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:57 pm

Wow! How did you get a June copy of a magazine already?

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Ladies,
Back again. Dinner is in the oven and the ABC Evening News isn't on here for another 30 minutes so I can watch it.

I went to my QU for a minute and found that my class had been posted. I probably won't get much done until Sunday evening, but just maybe I will squeeze it in. My DH has a birthday tomorrow and we are having family for Easter Dinner. I will need to be cooking tomorrow and Sunday to get ready.
Carol

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi everyone!! I'm just checking in..too cold to sew tonight, it's supposed to freeze again. I thought it was supposed to be nice and sunny for Easter time, then again maybe that's only when it's in April, huh?

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Quilter7, hi! The Grandmonkey is on her way now, she'll be here in about 15-20 min. I've made several batches of sugar cookie dough and have them wrapped and in the frig so tomorrow after breakfast she and I can bake and decorate.

SFQuilter, I need to check out the link you gave about the comfort quilts for cancer patients. mequilter's pink quilt projects and this one, too, are a very worthy cause and what a wonderful way for us to apply our quilting talents! Can't wait to see the pics of your latest quilt!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”