Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday ~ March 16 Sew In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
sewcarolyn

Re: Sunday ~ March 16 Sew In

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 pm

Carole..hope you convinced the new parents about homeschooling....so glad I had options like a great GATE program and then a charter school 7-12th for mine (and remember my H and I both work in the system)

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Well, Carolyn, that decision is out of my hands...and they have time to think about it: their daughter is not even 3 days old yet--lol! I hope I at least opened their minds to a realistic and workable option for educating children. They did ask about finances; I was very frank, told them DH and I chose to live on a lower income to allow us to homeschool. (If I had been working full time all these years and stashing $$ away, we would be on Easy Street!) Has it been worth it? You bet your sweet bippy!!

Carole

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:52 pm

Oh, and have some more wine...! I don't know that I will have any more whiskey, though...need to be "with it" enough to read bedtime stories pretty soon!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Carole-when the girls were little (up to 10 and 12) we both worked on the health care side of our professions..and neither of us worked full time. that allowed us to make sure one of us was there to take them to school or pick them up every day...worth it..oh yes...great professions, using our advanced degrees and lovely relationships with out daughters..
yup..we could have more stuff but we wouldn't be BETTER OFF :)
then I worked their school hours...

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:40 pm

hey Maw, if your kid acts up again you can threaten to bring the dog after him, that should make him be good...lol you could say.... If you're not good grandma's dog is going to come live with us.... it may work..lol

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Projects from the Heart”