Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY sew in The IDES of March (3/15)

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
sewcarolyn

Re: SATURDAY sew in The IDES of March (3/15)

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:40 am

Debi--glad you are having a good time in Fresno. My nephew and his family live in Clovis and work in Fresno.

Anna----GET WELL

Carol--I thought of you when I went across the Vincent Thomas today. I took a scenic route through Long Beach and through the port to show it to Julia's friend on the way from Seal Beach to LAX

Chriss---which book are you reading?
Hi Jennie, Lori and Cathy...hope you are having a great day

be back later

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

if anyone has phone numbers for these ladies you may want to try and call we have had a line that is still coming through here and they are rough and they have lessened dramatically from georgia - could have sworn i saw a funnel develop a little more than an hour ago - if bad here worse there pray everyone is ok

i may be back later just popped in to see what was up and was in between storms another is on way sky getting black already

hugs
gq

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:46 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with those on the east coast. I haven't seen the news today. Georgia Peach did post on the other thread to say last nights tornado had not affected her.

Chriss - I am with you! I cannot put a novel down when I start one. I read "New Year's Quilt" in 1-1/2 days! I decided not to read any novels for Lent. I am lots more productive quilting! I do miss reading though.

Carolyn - I went to The Quilt Cupboard and Bear's last weekend and thought of you too. The Quilt Cupboard is having a sew-in. It is very windy here and only about 60 degrees! It is very nice to stay inside and sew.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:52 pm

I just looked under Chit Chat and GP said that Teacups is right in the path. I hope everyone is okay! My prayers are with them all.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:25 pm

what just left this area is on way to beach and charleston there are three storm systems that goes in path of geneva and loretta according to news there have been 6 confirmed touchdowns here several homes and business destroyed and a few in the hospital - this is what was in georgia this am say prayers for all and hold good thoughts geneva and loretta

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi there!! Went to the quilt show with quiltnewby05 today & we had lots of fun. Gorgeous quilts to see & of course, lots of vendors with too many things to choose from. I did stimulate the economy a little bit. It was so nice to actually "meet" a forum sister & have someone that is as addicted to quilting as I am to talk to and bounce ideas off of. It was a great day!!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:21 pm

ME, that's so great. The photos of the quilts are fabulous. Lori
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Good Evening Folks...

What a wonderfully lazy day I've had! Got all my laundry done and cleaned the kitchen and that's about it for chores. Sat down and started a Nora Roberts book, until I fell asleep on the couch! I did however manage to get a little sewing done. Got a few more 9.5" blocks done for the autograph swap and finished all the blocks for Kevin's side of their reversable quilt. Just have to square them up and put the lattice between them, then the borders then it's DONE... well at least the top!

Tomorrow I'll finish packing and getting organized for trip to AZ--have made plans to meet Coyotequilts and Carole on Wednesday and AZgal and I will probably meet thur or fri. I so can't WAIT!!!

Have been watching the news of the terrible weather in GA. In Mn we are kind of used to tornados and I can only imagine the shock of a tornado in downtown Atlanta!!! Hope all of the rest of you on the east coast are okay!

Since there is NO food in my house I just ordered Dominos for dinner. I think the kid that delivers will laugh when he sees he is delivering an EXTRA large pizza to just lil' ole me... but the left overs will be great for the next couple days! No sense in buying groceries now. As long as I have coffe, peanut butter and bread I'll be okay for the next 3 days until I leave.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend and that you are safe!!!

Marymargaret

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:30 pm

Yeah.... I think mequilter was a bad influence on me!!! I stimulated the economy a little more than maybe I should have, but it sure was fun to shop and look at quilts with someone who enjoys it as much as I do!!!

Plus Green Bay has so much more to offer than Manitowoc! Bought a Burrito to take home for dinner -- posted pictures from our day, think I'll go and look at my new fabric:)

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:38 pm

Cynthia........me a bad influence on you???? lol I stopped at Papa Murphys for the pizza, but it'll be for dinner tomorrow instead of tonight. It just would've taken too long & I wouldn't be able to look at and enjoy my purchases!! I can't wait to see the log cabin quilt that you got your fabric for. It'll be wonderful!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”