Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday ~ March 9 Sew in

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
astitchintime

Sunday ~ March 9 Sew in

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:28 am

Good Morning All ~ It is sunny, clear and everyone is already up and out of the house and you know exactly where I am and plan to be as much of the day as I can. Happy time change to those of you who like me have to run all over the house and fix every clock there is and will of course miss at least one. LOL
If there are any other early birds out there, I would love to hear from you, I don't really know what to start first. Sew many projects...
Happy stitching!!
Debi

carole

Re: Sunday ~ March 9 Sew in

Post by carole » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:31 am

Good Morning Debi,

I am up also and know exactly what I am going to do first thing. I have one more flower to make for my Flower Basket block and then I will work on a paper foundation Peony Block. After that I will pack up my stuff for the guild meeting tomorrow morning. Let's see how much of that I get done along with the laundry:)

Carole

Bransmom

Post by Bransmom » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:34 am

Good Morning ladies!

It's windy as the dickens here this AM but the sun is shining so I'll just stay in out of the wind and look out at the sunshine!

Joann

carole

Post by carole » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:41 am

There you go- just enjoy the sun. It is sunny here in AZ also. Of course, it mostly sunny here in AZ. When the sun is not out - it is like having a snow day back home. AND when it rains here - you would think it was a holiday. Everyone goes outside and just watches the rain come down. What are you going to work on today ?

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:46 am

Carole, I love when I am that close to being done with a specific project or one of major steps in that project. I sure hope you take and post pictures, I can't wait to see the flower basket blocks. I bet they are all darling and the finished project will be too. Are you making this for someone or do you get to enjoy it yourself?

Joann, Sounds like a great morning to be inside and enjoy the sunshine!! Are you working on anything special? I have to go to a meeting about an hour away from my house this afternoon but I will be here until late this morning and then back later this evening. I have built a special stop into this trip......there is a great fabric store about 10 minutes from the meeting and I am going!! I will be looking for fabric with turtles. I belong to a service organization, Eastern Star, and the turtles are our mascot for next year when I will be the president type person, called the Worthy Matron. I am excited and want to make it a fun-filled year for everyone. Thus the turtles, I plan to make bow ties for the men and a cute tote bag for the ladies. Maybe if I start now I will finish before I need them in October. LOL Debi

carole

Post by carole » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:54 am

I am making the Applique in a Day Quilt along with Eleanor's show on TV. This is only one block of 12. I think that this is the 7th block in the series. It is for me. I love this quilt - it is kinda like Baltimore Album but El's way.

Sound like you have a lot of work cut out for you this year. Bet they will be thrilled with all the ties and bags. WOW!!! Have fun at the LQS.

carole

Post by carole » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:57 am

Think I will take a break and get dressed- still in my PJ's - be back soon.

carole

Post by carole » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:30 am

I am back and even started a load of laundry. ANyone here?

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:40 am

goodmorning or afternoon everyone did you remember to change you clocks - we had nice breakfast dh had to fix some wind damage - had great lunch pulled fabric and it is a great day

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:43 am

I'm back, had laundry to do also and then also needed to get out of my jammies. I would love to spend the entire day in jammies and sew but some of the folks at my meeting may not find as much humor in it as I would. LOL I want to try to get a few blocks cut out for the mystery swap before I leave. Debi

Return to “Projects from the Heart”