Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday ~ March 2 Sew-In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
MAWmum

Re: Sunday ~ March 2 Sew-In

Post by MAWmum » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:24 am

Sharon that sounds wonderful!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:33 am

Sharon.......that really sounds nice. Hope you have a good time at dinner. Hi MAW........are you working on anything today?

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:39 am

Just a wonderful day for all of us no matter what we are doing. I am watching Harry Potter in my sewing room and love all the sunshine streaming in the window. It is to chilly out for me to want to leave my nice warm cozy room anyway. Redtop, I haven't actually started my Sue's yet but am leaving for a week during March for business and am going to take them with me to work on during the off hours. I am looking forward to that, I love my job but being gone for a week or more isn't much fun when you are the only going. So the Sue's will come to my rescue!! LOL Lynn, Carin and Suz, great to hear from all of you and hope you are having a great afternoon. Back to my machine, it has had a long enough break, will check in soon. Debi

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi Ladies - just stopping by for a minute. Hubby is cooking ribs tonight and boy do they smell delicious :) I'll fry some potatoes and make some corn-on-the-cob to go with them. No sewing today, just too lazy :) It has started to rain here and supposed to have thunderstorms and then ...................... 3 inches of snow!!!! Yipee I'm so excited (dripping with sarcasm)

MaryEllen love the pattern you found for the Oz fabric, now I really need to get to the LQS and see if they have any of that fabric for me :)

6Kids&MoreQuilts

Post by 6Kids&MoreQuilts » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi to all, back to my ugly quilt today. My best friend was over and of course told me it was "great" and not ugly and made me feel warm and fuzzy about it... I think that's why I like her so much. :)

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:20 pm

What a great friend, she is a keeper. Maybe the quilt should be be known as the fuzzy quilt since she made you feel that way. We are blessed to have friends that can do that for us. Debi

6Kids&MoreQuilts

Post by 6Kids&MoreQuilts » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Hehe, or maybe I should give it to her when I'm finished and so she'll feel obliged to use it or display it, even though it's so ugly. Then I'd know if she was lying or not, (I'm so mean).

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Mean is not the word I would use.........maybe a little devilish but thats okay once in a while. She would probably love having it and use it all the time. As we all know, one persons ugly FQ may just be anothers newly found treasure. Debi

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:44 pm

My MIL is coming over for dinner so I have been off and on here trying to get the kids to help me pick up.

I like calling it the fuzzy quilt.

Redtop

Post by Redtop » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:52 pm

6kids, I had a bright yellow quilt years ago that I had handed quilted --almost. It had been in the closet for years and just needed about 1 foot quilted and it would have been finished. I didn't like it, so it was one of my UFO projects. DD came home for Christmas and found the yellow monster. We quilted it and she took it home with her and uses it in her blue bedroom. She says when the lights go out at night, it keeps you warm just as a beautiful quilt would.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”