Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday ~ March 2 Sew-In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
astitchintime

Sunday ~ March 2 Sew-In

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:15 am

It is just after 9 am and everyone is off doing whatever it is they think is important and I am where I know it is important to be. In my sewing room surrounded by fabric, I am a lucky girl for sure.

I am going to start going thru my block patterns and begin working on the mystery blocks for the exchange. I kept struggling to try to find a project yesturday and this morning while reading thru the swap threads I realized I don't need a project, I already have one.

Who is out there and what are you working on?

Happy stitching!!
Debi

sewcarolyn

Re: Sunday ~ March 2 Sew-In

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:46 am

morning...thought I would say hi before we head off to Hollywood...
see you later today

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:08 am

Carolyn ~ Have a great time and see you later. Debi

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 am

dh has done a bit of gardening this am - i am on backporch enjoying the sunshine right now is a beautiful day here

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:23 am

I am looking thru my block patterns and have picked out several that would work for the mystery exchange. I have tons of fabric out and now the fun part of matching fabrics and patterns to use several different types and colors. Making so many that don't have to go together sure does give you the freedom to try different combinations that you normally wouldn't want to commit an entire quilt to. Such fun, Happy stitching!!
Debi

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Debi & Lynn.........I just got back from the LQS & got the fabric for the sashing & cornerstones for the Packer quilt. The owner is going to quilt it for me, so he helped with the layout & picking out the finishing materials. I'll be working on that the rest of the day & hopefully it won't take too long. It's really cold & windy out, no more sunshine....the sky looks like it could storm at any time. I'm glad to be inside!

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:29 am

It was 74 yesterday, 25 today with snow and wind.... got my next lap quilt basted for quilting today and this week so hopefully one more project done! Then back to machine piecing my Log Cabin. Also got one more sashing row added to Sawtooth Star quilt while I watched "The Lake House" yesterday.

Suz

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:33 am

I just love the movies on and sewing machine humming away, makes me feel right at home. Enjoy. Debi

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:34 am

maryellen it sounds like you will be busy today for sure - it is great fun to be inside quilting away on a cold day - or a sunny day or a rainy day or lol anyday enjoy we want to see pictures

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:37 am

which movies do you like the new ones or the old ones i love the old ones but the new arent so bad - a lot of time i will have what dh fondly refers to as man hater tv lol i asked him what that meant and he said well they are all who done its and the man is always quilty lol the man is never the victim - would figure now there is a movie the perfect wife and she is definatly the villian where is dh lol riding his bike lol

the old ones are the best though

Return to “Projects from the Heart”