Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday ~ March 1 Sew-in

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
astitchintime

Saturday ~ March 1 Sew-in

Post by astitchintime » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 am

Saturday is finally here and it is so beautiful outside! I have to run some errands, get groceries and check out the LQS. I don't have anything specific to work on so I thought I would go check out fabrics and see if anything strikes my fancy. What are all of you working on??? Chat soon
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Grammy2

Re: Saturday ~ March 1 Sew-in

Post by Grammy2 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:53 am

Hi Debi,
just sat down for a minute then back outside to do yard work. Where in Ca do you live? Here in San Diego it is cold, overcast & ugly outside.
be back later

sharon

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 am

*SMILE*

Hi Deb and Sharon. It is partly cloudy here and about 64.
I have been catching a few rays of sunshine.

I am finally quilting my border, and am anxious to start on my next project, which should be a quilt for the Paducah Trunk Show.

I am thinking of doing a Qiick Trip with black, grey, white and red for the trunk show.

After that I can't wait to try my hand at a delectable mountains quilt.

YaY 6 more weeks until Paducah.

***Tulpje***

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Debi!!You see its only 3:19 in california but here in Vt its 6:19/ So usually by the time everyone is ready to sit down to chat Its time for me to go nite nite!! at 8:30 your time its 11:30 my time!
So i dont get to do much at the sew-ins unless i can manage to stay up really late!!! LOL!!Although I do get much enjoyment reading the the next morning!!!LOL!!!!!
Jennie/mcmema

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Debi, Sharon, Suzanna, Jennie how are you all doing? It is beautiful out today here. Kind of windy but 71 degrees. Have been doing some Spring Cleaning and it feels so good. Sat out and watched some birds play and really enjoyed that. Supposed to get Thunderstorms tomorrow & Monday so soaked up some sun while it was out. Felt great! Jennie, are you feeling better honey?

Hugs & Love

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:19 pm

am waiting dh to come back from grocery - i guess i will have to start going so am looking forward to it lol - is one thing i dont like grocery store - think it stems from growing up military going once a month and having to stand from back of commissary to front with first one buggy then 2 as mom would dash madly about filling them up lol she would usually finish in time to pay -

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:24 pm

did see some of the cutest sues today lol it was warm and sunny on and off teasing of summer lol - everything is coming up -

has anyone heard of the quilts of valor

6Kids&MoreQuilts

Post by 6Kids&MoreQuilts » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Greetings to all, I'm new to this forum, but I've been an Elenor fan for years. I'm assuming a Sew-In is where we stay in and sew? :) Today I pulled out nine patch squares my mother gave me that are almost complete. They are UGLY though, so I've never been interested in doing anything with them before. I felt like finishing something today, though, and I can't find the one magazine I need to do the wall hanging I want (why does that always happen?). These squares are brown and off white and old. My mom dosen't even know where they came from. I'm the only quilter in my fam, so she gave them to me. It looks like it'll be a queen size when finished. Any ideas of what to do with a quilt you don't even think is pretty? Thanks, Anna

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:47 pm

welcome - yes you stay in and sew or chat or eat or anything else that suits you fancy talk about most any subject from sewing to baking to farming to decorating to to to -

you could always give it to charity - do you belong to a guild some do for orphanage, nursing homes, hospitals, troops and so on

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Yes Cathy thank you! Ive been feeling pretty good just a little tired!How is Riley?
I left her and went to another quilting site checking out other peoples quilts for awhile,,lol

Return to “Projects from the Heart”