Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilts for baby, mom and parents

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
grammy65

Quilts for baby, mom and parents

Post by grammy65 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 pm

I have been off the boards for a while. Just wondered if the quilts ever got delivered to the baby, mama, and parents of the soldier who was sadly killed in Iraq.

Diane

Oasis

Re: Quilts for baby, mom and parents

Post by Oasis » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:06 am

Hi Diane. . . . there were some photos added not to long ago.

http://www.quiltinaday.com/community/to ... =7195#7195
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:21 am

Hi Oasis....yes I saw that thread, but nothing more was ever mentioned (that I can find) as to if and when the quilts were delivered. I know Quilterbee was working on something, but that was the last I heard.

Hey Quilterbee...have you been able to make contact?

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:50 am

I kenw u were gone Diane!!I was going to start one of those MIA posts on you today!!!
Jennie/mcmema

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:24 am

Yes, I sent them Feb. 4 with delivety confirmation, they got there the next day. I've never heard a word from them. I thought about sending a card or something and just making sure that they didn't forget to open them. Any ideas on how to proceed with this? I have the addy if someone would like to do this? I would like to know something, I think it's rather rude to not even send a note saying-thanks. What should we do? Amie

I have the phone number,too if anyone wants to call and check on this.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:29 am

Amie that is rude! Maybe you could call an just say you where in charge of making a report back to your guild that made them and wanted to make sure they arrived safe and sound.?.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:07 am

Thanks Amie for letting us know. You know with all that the family has been through, I would give them a little more time. We never know what is going on in people's lives. It's only been 3 weeks. I've waited longer than that to hear from someone I have sent a baby quilt to, and then when I did hear it was wonderful as they had taken pictures, etc. At least you know they were delivered. I bet you will hear something soon.

Thank you Amie.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”