Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday ~ Feb 24 Sew-in

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
astitchintime

Sunday ~ Feb 24 Sew-in

Post by astitchintime » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:15 am

Good morning all!

It is a windy, rainy day here and I am so ready to spend time just sewing, chatting and relaxing. I am working on French rose blocks.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

CaroleJ

Re: Sunday ~ Feb 24 Sew-in

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 am

We need to go pick up Girl Scout cookies in a bit...gonna take about 2 hours...hate to drive up there in the rain, but whatcha gonna do?! We all need a snack or a small meal before we hit the road.

Debi, have fun working on those French roses!

Hope others will drop in over the course of the afternoon and evening, I could use some more fun chitchat!

Carole

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 am

We just got our cookies last week at work, they have been great snacks as the storm continues and the french roses come together. The roads are awful here and the wind is so strong that cars are being blown all over, drive safe and we will chat later.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:24 am

i want some not one girl scout knocked on door this year i guess i can send dh out on a cookie run you can usually find them at lowes, walmart, home depot or the flea market it is a cold day for standing out side selling cookies

lol when i was a girl scout we would go to the bank on pay day we would stand 1/2 in front of the drive through and the other half on the backside - we would take their order and give them their total while they were in line the run through the bank grab the cookies and wait for them to drive out the other side and pick up their cookies would usually sell out in one afternoon
lol so much fun

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:37 am

In Orange county CA the cookies were delivered to the troops yesterday and booth sales start a week later so that deliveries can be made for the pre-orders..

Why do I know this with adult daughters????? Because I am still very active in girl Scouts, I train leaders for Orange county....

BUY THOSE COOKIES!!! Support girls and their program ;)

Carolyn

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:37 am

I just got back from a run to the LQS, Joanns and Home Depot. I had to find some brown quilting thread, a new seam ripper, order an embroidery frame for my Brother 270D, wire edged ribbon, plant food, tomato plants and mulch for the front yard flower beds. Quite a shopping list for a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

I might get my big quilt back on the table since now I have the right colored thread.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 am

Its girl scout cookie time I haven't seen one girl scout DANG!!! I know that when they come in they will be at the grocery store by my house but I like to know when they are coming.
NOT that I NEED any cookies I should really stay far away from cookies but come on lets be real here. LOL

Now I am going to dream of Thin Mints until I find a girl scout.

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:43 am

I bought a whole mess-o-cookies from my friends daughter 2 weeks ago. I ate a whole box myself (in 3 days)& sent the rest to work with DH. He likes snacks :)

I hope you can find your thin mints, Carin.

I'm making a bigger coiled bowl for myself. I need a bigger one that I can set my hand sewing stuff in when I'm sitting in my chair. I usually have everything balancing on the arms ;)

Back to work....

xo

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:49 am

Caren, what a great idea......I always have hand sewing stuff everywhere and a fabric bowl could be just the answer. I have never seen a coiled bowl, are they easy to make? Are there any good books or links that I can check out?
Debi

Redtop

Post by Redtop » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Carole, did you get your girl scout cookies?
Debi, how you doing on your french roses?

It is cloudy and dark here. It looks like we are in for a storm.

I have started on my blocks for the Sunbonnet Sue Exchange...I love making them, I think they are so cute.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”