Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

the morning after the sew-in

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
CaroleJ

the morning after the sew-in

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 am

Dang, ladies, I missed a lot of fun last night! Hated to bail on y'all, but I was worn out.

It had been a pretty lousy day, I had a headache I couldn't get rid of, I lost my car key, and I couldn't find anyone to work for me next week, so may have to work on my daughter's birthday. That will not go over well, I fear. I will make another call or two today, to beg someone to trade with me.

Coming here and chitchatting with all of you made me feel SO much better! You ladies are so funloving and caring. A double shot of whiskey and *four* tacos helped, too...

THANKS CARIN, and someone else (menopause moment!), for the pictures of Elijah Wood...he is so yummy, I don't care that he is almost 20 years younger than I--!! Teach him how wonderful we older women are, I would--! (Bob? I don't know anyone named Bob. Who's that?!)

The picture of Richard Gere was also much welcome--eldest saw it this morning and literally gasped, "Who is THAT?" He is so much more attractive now than when he was younger! There is so much character in his face and he looks contented with life. Wish I were greying as nicely as he is! I'm not going silver, I'm just going DULL. YUCK.

Gotta make a resolution to join the sew-ins more often, even if I don't get any sewing done!
Carole

Redtop

Re: the morning after the sew-in

Post by Redtop » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:37 am

Carole, sorry you had such a rotten day yesterday. These girls are GOOD medicine. I'll have to go see what I missed last night.
Richard Gere???

dreamingquilts

Post by dreamingquilts » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:47 am

May I ask what a sew-in is?

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:53 am

Hi ladies!!!

How about this picture of Richard Gere?

As a (how would you say: flower boy??) not bad hey?

Denise

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:58 am

although I missed the sew-in I had a wonderful date with my wonderful H :)
He is feeling great after the minor surgery for removing the infected cyst on his back.

dreamingquilts--a sew in is an evening chat held here on Fri and Sat evenings. A place to just chat, and it gets very unusual, or a place to come and say hi between sewing breaks.

It is fun and you just jump in the conversation and say whatever you want....

Today I need to log off and get busy we pick up our French student at 3:00 today so I will be in and out for the next 2 weeks.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:58 am

Denise.....nice photo thank you for the eye-candy

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:39 am

hubba hubba

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:47 am

Sweet Flower, MMM,MMM, GOOD! lol He's soooooo attractive...!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 am

Forgot to mention, Linda's story of her hairpiece taking up a parking space was hilarious!!

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:54 am

Flower 'boy'?? Naw- he's more like a "Stud Muffin"!!! ;-)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”