Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sun ~ Feb 17 Sew-In

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
sewcarolyn

Re: Sun ~ Feb 17 Sew-In

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:06 pm

uh sorry I scared everyone with the high cost of thread......

I saw some travel related fabric that I just had to have :) it was a fabrics by Timeless Treasures that had France scenes and another that had US scenes on it. I want to do a travel quilt but have no idea wht I want to do so I had to buy 2 yds each at $7.99 each and then I found a shade of batik almost the shade I wanted which made me keep looking and I found for $2.99 fabric that looks like sand where the water had receded, but since it has a border on it only the center is what I wanted...so I had to buy 3 yds. of it :) it was only $2.99 a yd and it is a Michael Miller fabric...and oh yes I bought the batik too :)

(I didn't buy the Italy fabric..John said to go back and get it in case I want to make something for Izzy who went to Italy in October)

looks like I go back to the store tomorrow

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Good evening. Anyone still here. I'm about to do the binding for my Bauhaus quilt and I have an easter quilt cut out for a friend's daughter. Let me know who's still here:)

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Just popped in after dinner.
Gardenquilter you poor thing you prob. are exhausted from all that pointing.

Caren are you feeling any better?

SewCarolyn I'm sorry you have to back to the LQS again. LOL. I keep buying fabric & right now I don't need any. I love to collect it.

SF I saw your quilt. It is beautiful

grammy2

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:20 pm

I went to Joanns today and somehow managed to drop $100 there. I did score a rotating cutting mat. All the mats and rotary cutters were 50% off. I also got my cream Kona for the Sunbonnet Sue swap. I've never done one but first time for everything. LOL

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Just got back from dinner, it was wonderful. Scampi with vegies and pasta and choc. pudding for dessert with a steaming cup of coffee. It was fun to visit and share the meal with dear friends we don't get to see very often but I must say I was glad to come back and change into my jammies and come see all of you. I need to catch up on the chatting and then work some more on my french roses.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm

I finished the binding on my scrap quilt. WOO HOO!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Tumble weed blowing across the empty road here....

Return to “Projects from the Heart”