Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilt for the Meanest Mom in the World unlimited signup

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
kadie

Re: Quilt for the Meanest Mom in the World unlimited signup

Post by kadie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi Carin,

I wasn't involved in the making of this particular quilt, but I do know how sick you have been this year.

I'm sure everyone understands that, so there should be no need for you to apologise for having ill health...it is not as if you asked for such a sh*tty year health wise.

Stop stressing, it is bad for your health. the Mean Mum won't mind when she gets it, it's not as if she knows it is coming.

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 am

Carin, I didn't make any blocks, I'm new to this site (love it!). Can I help at all? If I can't help with the quilt, can I make some blocks for your swaps for you?

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Carin,
Don't worry about the quilt. It is better for you to be healthy and we all understand health and how life can throw curve balls or wrecks (in my case). Just take it easy. I am offering to quilt but I know my skills aren't as good as yours.

Take care first and foremost. Like Kadie said, the mom doesn't even know about it so no sweat.

Hugs in Christ,
Susan

khowardquilts

Post by khowardquilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 pm

This quilt will arrive at the right time. The Lord knows when that should be. Delays just mean it isn't time yet.

I hope someone has her name, because the link doesn't work now.

Kathy

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 am

Hey- how did this post get bounced back up to the top????? It's almost a year old post and I don't see a recent post that would cause it to bounce up to the top.
Hmmm...must be some little gremlins!

Oh well, as long as the post has moved to the top of the "Projects of the Heart" discussion, it does have me wondering: Did the quilt ever find its way to the "Mean Mom"?

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:25 pm

busyhands posted an inquiry recently, that's why this was brought up on the list...

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Some one must know how this turned out. I think MAWmun was ill for a while. Has anyone heard from her?

kadie

Post by kadie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:25 pm

MAWmum posted a while ago that her Grandma was very ill and was not expected to be with her much longer.
Carin had such a bad year last year health wise, I was hoping this year would be a better year for her, but it appears that is not to be, poor girlie.
I'm sure this quilt will happen when it is possible for her to get a decent run.....if she hasn't done so already.

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:02 am

Maybe, some of you wonderful quilters could help her with it. She s swamped with family issues lst year & with gramma now

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I wonder how far along she is with it. I would be happy to finish piecing it. Maybe some LA quilter could do the quilting???

Return to “Projects from the Heart”