Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Paducah Quilts?

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Hummingbird

Paducah Quilts?

Post by Hummingbird » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:38 am

So what are you making and in what size and in what colors? I'm referring to the quilts for the Paducah Class Trunk Show and donation to the women's shelter afterwards.

I chose a "Don't Fence Me In" from the Still Stripping book. I'm doing a twin size and using pinks and yellows.

Today I got it cut and am sewing the strips. I'm excited to see it together!

Are you going to put a label on the back? If so - what are you going to put on your label?

justdawne

Re: Paducah Quilts?

Post by justdawne » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:40 am

Nancy,
Can't wait to see what you're making. IMO you should definately add a label. Your time, effort and compassionate are worth noting.

You could simply use a famous quote or a nice sentiment, or even just your name.

I rec'd 2 blocks in the mail for a comfort project and the lady sent a lovely label. It said "I hope you find comfort in this quilt and feel wrapped in love".

Dawne

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Bubbles,
I plan to make a lap size Quick Trip quilt. I just bought some of the new Meadowbrook Farms fabric we have and I just love it! I will start on it as soon as I finish my coffee cup blocks. I like your idea of a label. Maybe I can have our Art Dept design something with El's Angels and print it out on fabric paper for everyone. I will look into it. You would still add your name to it and any sentiment you want. I also think the state where you live would make a nice addition. Gotta get busy! lol

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:44 am

Well, I haven't decided on which pattern yet, still "brewing" on that, but I've been buying fabric in the fabric frenzy like a wild woman for it! LOL! I love the idea about the label, Linda! As much as I love making Flying Geese I ought to make a Flying Geese quilt. I got some of the Red Rooster Marguerita line and some of the Meadowbrook Farms line, too.

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Well, I had a trellis garden ready to go, but DD #1 snagged it for her paternal garandmother. I have no problem with that, my problem is deciding what to make now?????

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:43 am

I have a lap size Log Cabin ready to be quilted, and plan to do a Twin Size Flying Geese. Been collecting 30s prints for that - just love the cover photo on the book!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:02 am

Gals,

I want so badly to make a quilt for the Trunk Show, but my sewing time is so limited.... I could get a top done, but I don't have any way to quilt it nicely... Would anybody be able to help me out!!! I'd send top and backing and money for batting!!! I know y'all are super busy yourselves...... I'd probably do a simply 9 patch top, they goes easy and fast!

marymargaret

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:08 am

I haven't decided what pattern to use or even what size to make. It will probably be no larger than a twin size quilt as I am not sure how I am getting to paducah, car or plane.

Ann

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:19 am

I used my blue and blue/yellow charms to make a tossed nine-patch... have 2 blocks put together, and have to sew the rest. I'm thinking of making a twin sized quilt...

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Blue and yellow tossed nine patch will be pretty.

I'm leaning toward Country Lanes. I have bird fabric for the focus and yellow for the back ground, but I don't have any for the "lanes". I guess I'll have to go to the LQS. he he he

Return to “Projects from the Heart”