Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sun. Jan. 13th Sew-In!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Sun. Jan. 13th Sew-In!

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:34 pm

A few said they'd like to have a Sew-In tonight, so thought I'd throw it out here and see who pops in! I'm working on my French Roses blocks. I finished the applique on my RR medallion earlier today.

Oh, did I ever get some good news today!!! MastiffMomQlt told me that the hotel we're staying at allows pets, so I called and.....Daisy gets to go to Paducah!!!! Yahoo! I've been worrying about who I could get to babysit her and didn't want to board her. She does not do well with being boarded from past experience.

So, who's here and what are you working on tonight?

Spudgrandma

Re: Sun. Jan. 13th Sew-In!

Post by Spudgrandma » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi GP, I'm around. Need to get to work on grandson's quilt but just cannot get motivated.

How goes it in GA?

Spudgrandma/T-Lynn.... aka/PQ

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi, Spud! It was a gorgeous day here, and next weekend we're supposed to get rain and at our cabin it may snow! What pattern is your grandson's quilt?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Spud and GP. I'm marking a baby quilt and it's taking too long. I may just free motion instead. I took a queen size quilt into a LQS today to be quilted. I met Sewcarolyn there. We weren't there very long, but it was great to meet someone from the forum. This is the first time I've taken a quilt in to be done. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Lori
Lori 8-)

Spudgrandma

Post by Spudgrandma » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Its not really a pattern. I had an idea when I started making the quilts for the grandbabies as they came and kind of designed it myself. I wanted to use fabric that I had made their parents clothes out of when they were little and appliqué with it. So they are 2" pastel squares with 10" squares for the appliqué. I did all sorts of different things in the appliqued squares.

Spudgrandma

Post by Spudgrandma » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Lori, I'm sure it will turn out wonderful. It is great that you got to meet someone from here. I have not yet, but Spudmom and I have plans to do so. And, GP owes me fried green tomatoes next time I'm in GA. LOL

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi, Lori! That's great you got to meet sewcarolyn! I've never sent a quilt out to be quilted, either...what a treat! I think I'll do that this year, been saying it but haven't finished the quilts I want to send out yet! LOL!

Spud, that sounds really special how you're doing the quilt for your grandson! Be sure to post a pic for us!

I finished my RR medallion today and can't say I'm too thrilled with it. The pieced basket turned out nice, but the applique didn't turn out as well as I'd like. Might need to re-do it.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Oh, now you've got me craving fried green tomatoes!! LOL! I have a cold and have been craving things I don't usually want to eat! Last night it was cinnamon toast, and I think I may have some of that again tonight, too!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:57 pm

You two are making me hungry.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:58 pm

I had to take a break from marking, because Emma layed down in the middle of the quilt. She thinks she's helping.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”